Votes: 67 44.7%
  • NO - but I wish I had one

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • What the hell is a bash guard

Votes: 5 3.3%

Bash guard and SS poll

6K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  CroMoHo 
#1 ·
Do you use a bash guard on your single speed? I looked through some of the photo threads and it's a mixed bag. What's your take?

#3 ·
No, but...

cruzthepug said:
Do you use a bash guard on your single speed? I looked through some of the photo threads and it's a mixed bag. What's your take?
I do have one of the coolest bashguards I have ever seen. It's on an extra set of cranks that are hanging on the wall right now. Might use it on a 69er build I am contemplating.

Attachments

#18 ·
I want one but my chainline is off on my 1x1 rear hub if I dont put my ring on the outermost position. Has anyone run a bashguard on the inner ring position? Or better yet, is there an BB mounted bashguard that is stationary? The only ones I've seen are components of a fancy chainguide system and I really just want the lower piece.

#20 ·
GTscoob said:
I want one but my chainline is off on my 1x1 rear hub if I dont put my ring on the outermost position. Has anyone run a bashguard on the inner ring position? Or better yet, is there an BB mounted bashguard that is stationary? The only ones I've seen are components of a fancy chainguide system and I really just want the lower piece.
A wider bb spindle would solve that. running one on the inside is possible if it clears the chainstay. biggest downside though is that if you bend it like enel did above, only to the inside, you could end up with some serious frame damage. bashrings tend to be a bit beefier than chain rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.