Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blinged Out Spot SS Belt Drive - Photo Heavy

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Bunnyhopp 
#1 ·
Done finally...!!! 22 Lbs even

Yes, now I have to get it all dirty and crank the belt hard...!!!

Its perfect, rain and mud today, lets go kill it! Post-ride review later.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice :thumbsup: I'm really liking the way my production Longboard 9 rides, hopefully yours will make you happy too.

BTW, on the 2nd photo, that's not a ding about half way down the top tube is it?

#11 ·
very nice, I went with I9's on my new belt drive as well, I have only a few rides on it so far and love it!!

but as Tyrone said your is a very subtle kinda sexy mine on the other hand is pretty flashy, I am saving the subtle look for my belt drive CX bike next year

#12 ·
wv_bob said:
Nice :thumbsup: I'm really liking the way my production Longboard 9 rides, hopefully yours will make you happy too.

BTW, on the 2nd photo, that's not a ding about half way down the top tube is it?
Yes unfortunately the shipping did do that, but I figure its not structural so I will just live with it. Seller did offer full refund.

Good eye I must say!

#13 ·
1st Impressions...rode in the rain and mud for 25kms in local trail yesterday. (spare the wet trail riding flames, I usually do NOT go ride in the rain for 2 hrs)

Belt Drive - Absolutely perfect, although took a bit of time to get the belt line dialed when building, it was worth the time and effort. The belt has no issues at all in the adverse conditions. It did not skip or made any noise at all. The mud ports shedded everything off and it worked beautifully. No more hearing those sand gritty noises coming from a chain like sand paper.

Fork - I am not use to riding a 100mm fork as most of my bikes are 80mm, but I did welcome the extra travel. It is a plush fork but not quite as stiff as the Fox offerings. Overall a fun fork but I am really missing the lockout feature that I am use to.

Bike - I like the feeling of steel, although a bit of a weight penalty it just feels good. Not a big fan of the sliding dropouts as changing tires will be a ***** forsure. Its too bad not many builders are offer belt as an option yet. I did peek at the Ventana option and it looks very clean and neat.

I am going to put alot more milage this weekend on the belt and will update a bit later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.