Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Would you guys jump on this?

954 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Bunnyhopp 
#1 ·
A fast, light, fun trail bike. Set up as a single speed. Love this bike, but with a new member of the family I need to thin out the herd. size M/L 5'7" to 5'9"

frame: 1999 Specialized S works M4
wheels: Roff
tires: Kenda Karma Pro
fork: Winwood carbon disc
handlebar: Answer Protaper carbon
front brake: Hayes El Camino disc
rear brake: Shimano XTR
stem: Bontrager race X lite
seatpost: Ritchy
saddle: WTB
crankset: Specialized Strong arm II
extras: Surly singlator, Salsa QR's (red), gearing is 36x15t, perfect for wilderness park

I've had the frame for a while, but as it is with above parts, it's only been on a few rides.
$400 firm, the fork alone cost that much.

- Taken from a CL ad. I'm going to go check it out this weekend with my buddy. I'll have to see how it feels because I am 5'11, hope the frame isn't too small.

See less See more
#6 ·
only winwood mountain bike fork i can find on google is for a 29er. if that's the case, it may be throwing the geometry out a bit. can't imagine he mountained a road bike fork on there (a 1.9 or 2.2 kenda karma would have trouble clearing that)

at 5'11, i wouldn't be surprised at all if it were too small for you.

also may just be a mish mash of parts he had laying around his garage that he decided to throw on an old frame and see what he could get for it.

unless you're really manly, you'll probably have to switch the gearing out.

if it fits, i guess it'd be alright. but i'm sure there's better deals out there.

#11 ·
If he is available today, me and my friend (who knows more about bikes than me) are going to check it out. I agree if definitely sounds like something he pieced together to sell. To top it off, he has a cycleworksusa email account, so I'm assuming he works for cycle works, (a LBS don't know if they are nation wide)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.