Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niner EBB - Issues?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  suvowner 
#1 ·
I am 95% set on getting a Niner Sir 9 with the EBB. I am wondering how the new Niner EBB is holding up - any slipping or creaking issues? I am a heavy guy around 240lbs and wondered what everyone's experience was with them.

#3 ·
I'm 220-ish and have a SIR with the new EBB. Initially it slipped like mad. Everything was squeaky clean and I used more than the recommended torque but I couldn't keep the EBB from slipping. Wrapping it with a few laps of plumbers tape and a few ft/lbs more than spec with the torque wrench and my EBB has been rock solid, no more slips. At the same time I added a link to my chain to move the position forward more. I dunno if that made any difference?

If you dig around on the Niner forum you'll find a few discussions about slippage with the new EBB. It was frustrating but the SIR is such a nice riding bike it was worth the effort to get sorted out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.