Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

One more shoe thread

442 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sean salach 
#1 ·
I searched a number of older threads and a few of them came close to answering my question. I am currently using a pair of Lake M85's. The soles are just about worn off and they are too narrow for my feet. All in all, I am ripe for a new pair of shoes.
I ride singlespeed in very rocky terrain. When I am walking (lots of walking...) I spend more time on rock (granite) than on dirt. For this reason I am looking for a pair of bombproof shoes that come in wide sizes.
I'm not concerned about weight. If I were, I would not have a beer sitting next to me half empty and begging to be finished... I would like (I think, unless someone can talk me out of it) a vibram sole for LOTS of walking and lots of rocks. I have researched and found the Lake MX190X seems to fill my requirements, but I don't know what else is out there. Also, they only got three peppers on the reviews.
My LBS's are pretty limited so I will likely have to order online.

Thanks for any help.

Now time for another beer:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.