Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blur XC Carbon vs. Trek Fuel EX 9.9

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  trailville 
#1 ·
Has anyone ridden these bikes? I just sold my "classic" Blur and placed an order for a Carbon XC. An hour later I get an email with a great deal on a Fuel EX 9.9. Both get great reviews in the bike press and would cost me exactly the same price.

Any opinions (educated of course...) on which way to go.

I have heard that SC can be tough to deal with on warrantee issues, though I never had a bit of trouble with my aluminum Blur.

Thanks,

Ken

#3 ·
kennethw said:
Both get great reviews in the bike press
Well if that MBA review in the previous post is an example of the great reviews, I would be nervous. That review sounds like it was written by someone as SC.
So I guess if you believe that SC has--in their first foray into Carbon Frames--come up with the perfect CF frame that will revolutionize CF frame design, while companies like Trek that have been doing CF for decades have yet to figure it out, I guess you should get the SC.
In all honesty I could never justify dishing out that much cash for a bike so can't really comment on the specific bikes. My guess is they both ride like a dream. I just thought that MBA review was a bit too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.