Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

CrankWorks Colorado Pics - Winter Park

3K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  simcik 
#1 ·
So the wife and I just got back from Winter Park and I thought I'd share the pixs I took at CrankWorks. Not a lot of action shots because I SUCK at taking action pics, but I did get a couple of action pics, and also some good interaction pics with some of the riders just hanging out as well. There were A LOT of people at the event, it was good to see such a great turnout here in Colorado.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
spxoo said:
does lacongeguys bike have an argyle with bomber stickers on it? or are marz lowers lose the M arch and copy RS. also a RS sticker on the frame.....

He's also sporting low narrow bars.
I honestly didn't pay that much attention. Maybe these close-ups will help you.

Attachments

#14 ·
It was fun to watch but it really wasn't very spectator friendly. I had my older in-laws with me so they really couldn't get to the grassy section to sit. They ended up sitting on one of the dirt jumps at the bottom. It wouldn't have been that hard to provide a pedestrian walkway under the stunts instead of having to walk all the way around - which was quite the hill climb. And I agree - refreshments with no where to put the used refreshments is a bad idea. I was standing up near the top and heard some of the coordinators talking about how they were loosing the crowd half way through - and I think it was partially due to people having to go use the restroom - as some of the people around me were complaining about having to go to the bathroom and it being all the way back in the village.

Here is one of the shots I got standing where I was. This should be Brandon Semenuk's first run - which was the 94.25 winner
Sequence of one of the jumps from Brandon Semenuk's 94.25 fir... on Twitpic

#17 ·
Yep, when the first half was over, everyone that had to piss headed for the Village, (including me) and a lot didn't come back. No pissers was one of the biggest BONE-HEADED moves I've ever seen at something like this.

BTW, people could cross the course right after the wall ride, between riders. I had on flip-flops so there was no way in hell I was going to be able to climb that hill to the top.

#19 ·
FlyingIrish said:
What happened to Andreu Lacondeguy? He won the works in Whistler last year and I dont see him in the top 10?
He might still be nursing his injury from earlier this summer, he looked fine going through the course even though he didn't do any tricks.

On a side note him and mike montgomery made me feel like a real b!tch riding that course on a hardtail.

#23 ·
spxoo said:
does lacongeguys bike have an argyle with bomber stickers on it? or are marz lowers lose the M arch and copy RS. also a RS sticker on the frame.....

He's also sporting low narrow bars.
I also noticed Andrew Taylor (Xfusion) was running a Pike with no lables on it. Still had Xfusion in the back but blew one out had to switch out with a new one and seemed to still have problems.

#24 ·
chinkerjuarez said:
I also noticed Andrew Taylor (Xfusion) was running a Pike with no lables on it. Still had Xfusion in the back but blew one out had to switch out with a new one and seemed to still have problems.
Someone said in another thread, that Xfusion was running their internals in other companies forks for testing. Don't know if that's factual or not.

Yeah, I saw AT blew out his rear shock (at least that's what it looked like to me) on the initial "drop in" feature. He then headed down to the parking lot to get it fixed/replaced.

#25 ·
1. How do you pronounce Lacondeguy (lah-con-dah-gee?)?
2. Lacondeguy looks to be the only one with enough mass/bulk to actually manhandle the bikes the way they're supposed to be. All the other riders are built like methheads in comparison. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.