Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2006 Spec BigHit FSR II

749 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  prophet413 
#1 ·
2006 Spec BH II.

Kinda crappy? Totally Crappy?

Decent with an upgraded shock and fork?

What shock and fork would you recommend on that?

#5 ·
The Bighit II comes with a Van R and Domain 318 as standard
The fork is fine, as its 318 model with adjustable Motio Control Dampening.
The shock is technically a great shock to just not very adjustable, you may want to consider trying to find a DHX 5, i think the 09 ones are going cheap because they are being phased out in favour of the new RC4

#7 ·
Craigshaf. . . I just built up an 07 Big Hit FSR III and am really digging it as my first dedicated DH sled. Solid bike, good suspension, etc. I've got it built up with an 09 Totem which I love (just gotta figure out the preload)

My 07 came with a DHX 4 which is just fine for now.

Will you be buying complete or building it up as you go? I built mine up for just around a grand (juicy 5's, transition revo 32's, x9, MRP Mini G2. . . )

Pics? Price?

#8 ·
Truckee Trash said:
Will you be buying complete or building it up as you go? I built mine up for just around a grand (juicy 5's, transition revo 32's, x9, MRP Mini G2. . . )

Pics? Price?
Working on price right now. It's complete and not very beat up on. I like the frame but am not too psyched on the build. And, I am pretty sure I'll want to do the shock right away.

I'd like to do the fork too, but it's going to be too much money. Trying to get the bike down to somewhere around $600 - $700. Not sure the seller is so keen on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.