Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail Riding and Some Jumps

510 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Cpt. Insaneo 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a bike that is about $600 and change thats good for some trail rides and jumps. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I'm not sure how big the jumps you are talking about but a good deal would be an Ibex Trophy Comp for $599 plus $40 for shipping. SLX/Deore Components. I think you will be much better off with a decent hardtail than a really poor full suspension which is what you will get at that price point.

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/TR-COMP-Details.html

Otherwise, I'm sure your local bike shop could recommend a good bike at that price. Although you can get some more bang for your buck online, your local bike shop will normally throw in a rear of free tune-ups on bikes that they sell. At the same time, buying online means you get to learn more about how your bike works in the initial assembly of the bike (pretty basic) and in the upkeep. There are many free videos and resources online that can teach you to wrench your own bike and leave the more complicated stuff to the local bike shop.

#3 ·
Just little ones like a foot to two feet high.

Was thinking about waiting for the new treks to be released(July 4th right?) and buying the 09' 6000. I need the price drop I just don't know how much it will be?

#4 ·
Cpt. Insaneo said:
Just little ones like a foot to two feet high.

Was thinking about waiting for the new treks to be released(July 4th right?) and buying the 09' 6000. I need the price drop I just don't know how much it will be?
At your price point, I would recommend buying a nice used bike. You can get some sweet hardtails that have been barely used on your local Craigslist or on eBay. If you go this route, you can get a great frame and some nice components and just upgrade parts as you go. Pretty much all of the new bikes at this price range will have nearly identical parts and geometry. At the entry level $350-$600 pricepoint, I think it's really a battle of who has the coolest paint job. As for your "jumps," One-two feet should be fine for pretty much any wheelset with double walled rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.