Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Curnutt XTD TI vs. Curnutt XTD steel

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  schnauzer 
#1 ·
Which would be the best shock on the FLY? The obvious answer is Curnutt w/ TI fom what i've heard. Wondering what you guys would get if money was/is no object?

#5 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
i have a steel because they don't make a stiff enough Ti spring for my liking....
but if they made a Ti one i'd have it instead.
wow WCH, you almost have as many posts as me.....guess my post whore days are over :rolleyes:

#7 ·
matt said:
Which would be the best shock on the FLY? The obvious answer is Curnutt w/ TI fom what i've heard. Wondering what you guys would get if money was/is no object?
is that a trick question? the real question is what color?

get the curnutt shock, Ti spring, and if money is really no object, throw in an xtd fork while you're at it. are you getting a fly? that's a fine choice.

#9 ·
matt said:
maybe, i'm not sure yet...
I had the Romic and the curnutt with steel and TI and liked the way the Romic felt better. The Romic felt more plush than the curnutt. If you like the progressive feel go with the Curnutt. The TI spring looks better and is lighter and shound last longer. Also, The new 2005 Fly looks pretty cool. I better stop there cant afford to get stoked on a nother frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.