Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Super T/ Zoke oil change question

530 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kornphlake 
#1 ·
I'm going to change the oil in my Super T & Z150 tonight.

I have the oil level tables for the Zokes. Where exactly am I measuring the level from?

From the oil to what point on the fork?

Gracias.

#3 ·
MVRIDER said:
The top of the stantion while the fork is fully compressed w/ both ( all 4 ) springs out.
Yeah, use a spoke or somthing similiar to gauge the depth. Bend it at the hieght you want, and butt it up against the top of stanchion. The "feeler" on the bottom of a caliper is better, but most people don't have one.

Make sure you cycle your cartridges!

#5 ·
singletrack said:
Yeah, use a spoke or somthing similiar to gauge the depth. Bend it at the hieght you want, and butt it up against the top of stanchion. The "feeler" on the bottom of a caliper is better, but most people don't have one.

Make sure you cycle your cartridges!
Yeah, most people don't have a caliper, if they do it's likely a cheapo 6" dial caliper from harbor freight which won't measure metric.

I use a zip tie zipped to form a ~1" loop and dip the part you'd usually trim off into the stanchion. The little notches in the zip tie hold the oil and make it easy to see how much oil you have, I've tried other things and it's hard to tell what got oil on it from your oily hands, or rubbing on the oily stanchion or from actually being dipped in the oil.

Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.