Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Good bike for DH???

959 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  matt 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of this bike for DH riding? I like the slack HA and huge standover. I'm concerned about the lack of suspension, but I think a Super Monster on the front might help a little. Would that steepen the HA too much?????

For the love of God, make this week end!!!

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Shibby said:
What do you guys think of this bike for DH riding? I like the slack HA and huge standover. I'm concerned about the lack of suspension, but I think a Super Monster on the front might help a little. Would that steepen the HA too much?????

For the love of God, make this week end!!!
Are you joking around, or just retarded?

#6 ·
that bike is so sweet. where are you planning on racing it next year? i would definitely upgrade to a super monster t. that should make it a lot plusher. in rock gardens does that feel stable? I assume on rock faces it would work great because of the slack headangle.
thanks

how do you guys know this is a joke? he could really be dhing on it.
i am just kidding.

#7 ·
What about this one?

Thanks for believing in me matt. I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the Super Monster option. Yeah, it might be a little twitchy in rock gardens, but I'm figuring that it will make up for that in it's climbing ability. That looks like a 20" wheel in the back. I've heard on the boards that 24" wheels make climbing easier, like on the BigHit (I think the quote was "you can't argue with science"), so with a 20" wheel, it should be that much easier, right? And take a look at the 4.2" tire on the back, should make for some sweet traction.

However, looking around, I also saw this bike, called the Nirve Stilleto:

This bike's got a definite OCC feel to it, which I think is pretty cool. And the speedholes in the downtube will definitely make it faster (weight and aerodynamics). Definitely needs a Super Monster too though? I'm a little concerned about the standover, looks like a bit of a nut-crusher to me. However, it doesn't look to be as choppered out as the Ventana I was looking at above, so that has it's pros and cons. I'm confused about the tires though. They look pretty slick in terms of traction....should I be considering this as more of an urban play bike (stair gaps, etc.)???

j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com and COmtbiker12, screw you guys for making fun of my intelligence. Just because I've been diagnosed as borderline retarded (thank god I can still go to a regular school), doesn't mean it's okay to make fun of me like that. I have feelings too. Just ride and let ride man, it's all good like that.

matt said:
that bike is so sweet. where are you planning on racing it next year? i would definitely upgrade to a super monster t. that should make it a lot plusher. in rock gardens does that feel stable? I assume on rock faces it would work great because of the slack headangle.
thanks

how do you guys know this is a joke? he could really be dhing on it.
i am just kidding.

#8 ·
Shibby said:
Thanks for believing in me matt. I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the Super Monster option. Yeah, it might be a little twitchy in rock gardens, but I'm figuring that it will make up for that in it's climbing ability. That looks like a 20" wheel in the back. I've heard on the boards that 24" wheels make climbing easier, like on the BigHit (I think the quote was "you can't argue with science"), so with a 20" wheel, it should be that much easier, right? And take a look at the 4.2" tire on the back, should make for some sweet traction.

However, looking around, I also saw this bike, called the Nirve Stilleto:

This bike's got a definite OCC feel to it, which I think is pretty cool. And the speedholes in the downtube will definitely make it faster (weight and aerodynamics). Definitely needs a Super Monster too though? I'm a little concerned about the standover, looks like a bit of a nut-crusher to me. However, it doesn't look to be as choppered out as the Ventana I was looking at above, so that has it's pros and cons. I'm confused about the tires though. They look pretty slick in terms of traction....should I be considering this as more of an urban play bike (stair gaps, etc.)???

j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com and COmtbiker12, screw you guys for making fun of my intelligence. Just because I've been diagnosed as borderline retarded (thank god I can still go to a regular school), doesn't mean it's okay to make fun of me like that. I have feelings too. Just ride and let ride man, it's all good like that.
dude, that bikes got a sick paint job. i definitely agree with you on the 20" climbing philosophy. i would recommend the super monster again for that one. slack it out a little. good luck. what build kit are you gonna use? i would recommend sram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.