Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Name that manufacturer

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  BJ- 
#1 ·

Thats right ladies and gents...thats a Gary Fisher.

Looks like we have another HT on our hands, I have seen them before, and even hear people talking about them, I just find it odd how they say nothing about dual crowns anywhere, all they claim is "rock solid'ness" and safety.

I might catch a little flack for this, but the new big earl stuff does not look half bad. I think a lot of people are judging this stuff before they get a chance to see how it performs. Sure, the "rock ring" wont perform as well as your e-13, but I see a lot of people on here welcoming Honda because it helps out the sport. A lot of people don't say the same for a company bringing components that make the FreeRider in all of us come out even though we don't have a money tree in our backyard. I'm picking Penny's off the street to save up for a big hit....not a mono dhs, or a demo 9....something half the cost is still out of reach.

Sorry for the rant....I love all you guys........if anything ....give big earl a chance to fail before our eyes, not our feet. Then judge to your hearts content.

See less See more
#3 ·
ieatsoap said:
Still 'appears' to be a 'decent' ride.
I'd buy a Gary Fisher if the price was right. ;)
Indeed.....Possibly a z1 up front or something.

#6 ·
TWISTED said:
Trek / G.F. got a new design engineer about a year ago and he has since taken over, coming out with some cool new stuff.
Good to know people on the inside...I did not know that.

#8 ·
DanD said:
ya, I am considering one of the Trek Bruiser HT's along the same lines (as trek owns fisher.) Not the nicest HT out there, but I can swap components, and that frame seems sound to me
What about the Gary Fisher Mullet and Bitter, new for 2005... Any thoughts on them, seem better value than the Bruiser perhaps? The 2005 Gary Fisher Mullet has a Manitou Splice Comp fork, the 2005 Gary Fisher Bitter has a Stance Static - anyone know anything about these forks?

Attachments

#9 ·
londonlad said:
What about the Gary Fisher Mullet and Bitter, new for 2005... Any thoughts on them, seem better value than the Bruiser perhaps? The 2005 Gary Fisher Mullet has a Manitou Splice Comp fork, the 2005 Gary Fisher Bitter has a Stance Static - anyone know anything about these forks?
looks good. i'm glad trek is back in the mix. wondering what the prices will be?
they may already be out, i'm slow on these things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.