Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Drop Landing Dilema

601 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Gramatica 
#1 ·
My friends and I built a pretty sweet drop, well not yet. We need to build a landing and it's gonna be hard because the drop is on a hill. You might say that we should just land on the hill but it's not like that because it curves more strait where we land and we need to build a landing that will work good. Below is a pic of the drop and do you guys think we should use mud, wood, mix, w/e just i need some advice. We need a little warmup drop and we spent some time on the bridge out but we've been stumped for a month and have no idea what to do. Heres a diagram of what our situation is:

Attachments

#2 ·
You can always make it out of 2x4's and such so you can change the distance of the huck itself. or next best......dirt with wood on top.

#3 ·
ya that would work, but the biggest problem of it is the angle of the hill

#4 ·
freeriderp2 said:
ya that would work, but the biggest problem of it is the angle of the hill
Indeed, I thought you would say that. Whats the soil like arround there? If it has a high clay content you should just build the landing out of that....but if its muddy, you might have to look to more solid things.....or possibly more solid things to line the ramp.

#5 ·
mud strait out shitty mud

#6 ·
freeriderp2 said:
mud strait out shitty mud
Ouch.....in the norcal teasers I saws them use logs and such to harden up their landings. Possibly get some carpet...but I dont know how carpet will help mud. 2x4's and longs on top of stiff mud sounds good to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.