Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

...need help from fellow Canadians who regularly mail order...jm, this means you...

828 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  zedro 
#1 · (Edited)
...need help from fellow Canadians who regularly mail order...

...I mail ordered from Cambria recently, and since I live in Canada, stuff has to go through customs. Is it a good bet that stuff going thorugh Customs may be held up because of the labor dispute ? I have been waiting 4 weeks for a Cambria order, and usually it comes in 2 weeks max.

Has anyone from Canada ordered anything mail order recently and had to wait longer than usual ? If so, how much longer ?

Of course, I haven't contacted Cambria or asked them to see if they can trace it. I've been dealing with them for a few years now and they generally don't lose my stuff. There is also the possibility it's lost, in which case, well, that's my issue.

This order was coming through the mail, if it makes any difference.

I've got a Hadley hub coming from Balle Racing through the mail, too, I hope this doesn't get held up (or lost...).

#3 ·
LT1 said:
...I mail ordered from Cambria recently, and since I live in Canada, stuff has to go through customs. Is it a good bet that stuff going thorugh Customs may be held up because of the labor dispute ? I have been waiting 4 weeks for a Cambria order, and usually it comes in 2 weeks max.

Has anyone from Canada ordered anything mail order recently and had to wait longer than usual ? If so, how much longer ?

Of course, I haven't contacted Cambria or asked them to see if they can trace it. I've been dealing with them for a few years now and they generally don't lose my stuff. There is also the possibility it's lost, in which case, well, that's my issue.

This order was coming through the mail, if it makes any difference.

I've got a Hadley hub coming from Balle Racing through the mail, too, I hope this doesn't get held up (or lost...).
yeah i think jm's from arizona or somewhere around there.

#9 ·
Yes, but I rode with CraigH.

I kept trying to lead them into conversations where they would say the term "G-out", which sounds like "joot" in canadian. :D

#16 ·
...thanks Craig...

...but my stuff from Cambria came last week. it was about 2-3 weeks late but later is better than not at all.

Funny thing, though, I ordered a Hadley hub from Balle Racing almost 2 weeks after the Cambria order and it came in 1 day before the Cambria order - basically right on time.

Well, I hold off on the mail order for now until some of this Customs stuff gets cleared up.

The exchange rate I got was awesome - probably the best rate I've gotten in years...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.