Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Demo 9 Vs. V-10

720 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  matt 
#1 ·
im sure this has been discussed before but obviously i missed it so help a ****** out.

pretty much all my friends have been getting V-10s and they love them but ive heard alot of good about demos as well. im lookin to purchase one of these bikes over the winter for next year so i need some input.

what are your thoughts? thanks

#2 ·
mtboutkast said:
im sure this has been discussed before but obviously i missed it so help a ****** out.

pretty much all my friends have been getting V-10s and they love them but ive heard alot of good about demos as well. im lookin to purchase one of these bikes over the winter for next year so i need some input.

V10 = a race bike i have an 03 i like it for going down the hill and some free ride

Demo 9 = Huck Bike this thing is tough and can fly. So you have to compromise.

#3 ·
mtboutkast said:

Rogue Posse i suppose? Don't get an 04 V10 if you get one. Bring it up a notch and grab an 05 and throw a super pimp fork on it, like Dorado MRD or Fox. Oh and get an 05 V10.

-TS

#6 ·
TheSherpa said:
Rogue Posse i suppose?
you are correct

damn near the entire posse is rollin V-10s. i might have to be different and roll a demo myself. travis talked it up at DD so ive been lookin around. im just wondering how they will do for racing.

anyone tried racing the demos?

#7 ·
V10 will handle anything, but is a pain to drag along on stuff that isnt big/tech/fast, sucks at djs but is okay at large doubles, corners better than any bike ive ever ridden.

Demo9 will handle anythign also, is geared more towards freeriding so race performance wont be quite as good but by all means its a great bike for it, probably the better bike if youre looking to use this as an all around big bike not just one that is geared for strictly dh/tech/shuttles/races.

#9 ·
Get the demo!!!

Hey bud, this is Travis. Man get the demo. Everybody is on the V10 bandwagon, be original and go with the demo. It will race almost as good as a V10, but will be more rideable over everything else. I am finally able to pedal mine around but my leg is still weak. You can build a demo with some good parts to be around 46.5 lbs which is pretty reasonable. You will however have a bomb proof bike. Good luck with your decision. Remember originality is a good thing!!

Travis

#10 ·
tmoney said:
Hey bud, this is Travis. Man get the demo. Everybody is on the V10 bandwagon, be original and go with the demo. It will race almost as good as a V10, but will be more rideable over everything else. I am finally able to pedal mine around but my leg is still weak. You can build a demo with some good parts to be around 46.5 lbs which is pretty reasonable. You will however have a bomb proof bike. Good luck with your decision. Remember originality is a good thing!!

Travis
Yea dude exactly. 46.5lbs to race??? I know i'm slow shiz but i wouldn't ever ride a 46.5lbs bike. Oh and you can be original and have a v10 if it weighs less than 40lbs :D.

-TS

#12 ·
TheSherpa said:
Yea dude exactly. 46.5lbs to race??? I know i'm slow shiz but i wouldn't ever ride a 46.5lbs bike. Oh and you can be original and have a v10 if it weighs less than 40lbs :D.

-TS
Yo will its not that hard to race a heavy ass bike, my bighit was liek 55, my V10 is between 43-46 and it is fine.

#13 ·
tmoney said:
Good luck will!! I want to see a V10 at 40 lbs. The frame is 11 lbs. Mine is 13. Hmmmm that is not that much lighter then a demo 9!! Are you on the V10 bandwagon too??
Thats quite easy, right now mine weighs about 43-46, with Shiver, Mobster wheels, FSA Pig set, big dh tubes, and a Trailpimp front wheel. If you go to say a Kingpin that drops like 2-3lbs from the Shiver, switch to a lighter front wheel thats another pound or so depending on the wheel, go to tubeless and light racing tires then thats even more, you could almost drop it down to like 38-39 depending on how far you went....

#14 ·
tmoney said:
Good luck will!! I want to see a V10 at 40 lbs. The frame is 11 lbs. Mine is 13. Hmmmm that is not that much lighter then a demo 9!! Are you on the V10 bandwagon too??
Hmm Jasons is 46lbs with Shivers/Arrow/Michs and painted and no Ti spring. Mines going to be Ano Black with a Fox DH40 with DHX so that'll drop 2 1/2-3 lbs just in frame and fork. Then Deemax and lighter 2.5 tires and i'll be near, if not below 40lbs.

-TS

#15 ·
decisions decisions

glad to hear your somewhat pedaling travis. cant wait to see you hitttin the jumps again man.

the good thing about trying to decide what bike is i got tons of time since im broke as a joke right now.

anyone wanna buy my 03 bighit w/o the big link upgrade and with a 03 super t on it? its so super rad and it was ridden by me. its a steal at $2800 or even trade for demo or v-10. ;) :D

#16 ·
mtboutkast said:
decisions decisions

glad to hear your somewhat pedaling travis. cant wait to see you hitttin the jumps again man.

the good thing about trying to decide what bike is i got tons of time since im broke as a joke right now.

anyone wanna buy my 03 bighit w/o the big link upgrade and with a 03 super t on it? its so super rad and it was ridden by me. its a steal at $2800 or even trade for demo or v-10. ;) :D
o wow 2800 that sounds like sucha great deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.