Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stoopid integrated stem questions.......

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  doubleA's 
#1 ·
I got a killer deal on an 04 Super T and when it showed up, the integrated stem was included. I didn't know that. Bonus! :D

Never ridden with one before, but last night I played around with switching back and forth with my 75mm Azonic Shorty to compare the two.

The obvious benefits:
-Shorter stack height
-More precise steering (OK maybe)
-More solid feel

The integrated stem definitely felt more solid and obviously less chopperado than the Shorty. They are roughly the same length as the integrated can be adjusted, so thats not an issue.

But, before I lop off my steerer tube, is there anything I am overlooking about this?

Anybody got feedback about their preferences?

Thanks mucho.

#2 ·
e[I said:
o]I got a killer deal on an 04 Super T and when it showed up, the integrated stem was included. I didn't know that. Bonus! :D

Never ridden with one before, but last night I played around with switching back and forth with my 75mm Azonic Shorty to compare the two.

The obvious benefits:
-Shorter stack height
-More precise steering (OK maybe)
-More solid feel

The integrated stem definitely felt more solid and obviously less chopperado than the Shorty. They are roughly the same length as the integrated can be adjusted, so thats not an issue.

But, before I lop off my steerer tube, is there anything I am overlooking about this?

Anybody got feedback about their preferences?

Thanks mucho.
Ive tried the integrated stem and didnt like it, it was to long, im using a holtzfeller 40mm and like much better, plus the fact that the stem is keeping me from cutting the steer tube. But its all about what your comfotable with, and what you think looks better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.