Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hotrock?

656 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperSlow 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I think I am going to get a 2005 Specialized HotRock. Can these bikes handles drops/Jumps? If so how big? I like to get air and do drops and stuff but don't want a hardtail to break, but the full suspension bikes are real expensive. If not, what bikes do you guys recommend in the about the same price range?($300-$500. I know its a big gap but I want some options) Thanks guys. :)

#2 ·
hotrock??? good luck finding one that fits you since that bike is for kids. maybe you were thinking of the hardrock or im making a mistake and you are a kid..... as for how they handle off drops and jumps.. i wouldnt try taking it off anything taller than the bike

#4 ·
my roomate has one and i rode it for a while between frames. it was well built and i feel it could have handled some serious abuse.

as a note, we put nearly all aftermarket parts on it. i have seen a few that are stock and it looks like a good deal. plenty of room for upgrades and such as your riding progresses.

do youself a big favor and dont buy a model w/o disks. even if they are treko machanicals you are better off than rim brakes. that will also give you some disk hubs so if you do decide hydraulics brakes are needed.

also one of the best upgrades to alot of entry bikes is to get an oil damped fork. i dont know what forks come on those bikes (i think it was an Marz EXR COMP on the 04 in my apartment), but if you can talk your shop into a fork upgrade for 100$ it might be worth it. your wrists will thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.