hoo da! V-Tach V-Tach V-Tach

2K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  zedro 
#1 ·
Knolly Bikes website is up again w/ more pics of the Demo-9/-8 slayer

http://www.knollybikes.com/

drooling can be hazardous to your keyboard

#3 ·
It's got my vote in that fight

Just got back from Whistler. Rented a Demo 9 yesterday because my V-Tach is not ready yet. :(

The Demo 9 rides nice but is way too long and heavy in my opinion. Also does not pedal very well (I had an uphill pedalling comparison yesterday between it and a vp-free, the vp-free won by a huge margin).

#4 ·
Oh Oh...Mommy I want the red one!

Serously, I want the dam red one! ;) I wasent a fan of bi-color bikes untill I saw that v-tach....wow.....that frame looks amazing. Put a 7" breakout plus on there (shut up guys.....I love them things). Now thats FR!

#5 ·
wow!! these bikes are just oozing quality....welds look killer.... what does one of these frames go for? the bike with the large single pivot looks like an fsr rear chainstay? are my impressions close?wow nice looking frames for sure!

#6 ·
3-4 weeks and that red one's mine

assuming I can still ride. Sold the Bullit in March in anticipation of planned delivery mid-June. In the interim I've learned how to ride a trail bike :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for that stinkin' vegas abomination Interbike, I'd be on it now!

Jim

#7 ·
Felpur said:
wow!! these bikes are just oozing quality....welds look killer.... what does one of these frames go for? the bike with the large single pivot looks like an fsr rear chainstay? are my impressions close?wow nice looking frames for sure!
(psst...read the swingarm..... and go here... https://www.hcor.net/section-viewarticle-12.html )

I belive were looking at high 2k-3k for frame and shock (us$)

#12 ·
You would still have to wait

JimC. said:
assuming I can still ride. Sold the Bullit in March in anticipation of planned delivery mid-June. In the interim I've learned how to ride a trail bike :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for that stinkin' vegas abomination Interbike, I'd be on it now!

Jim
That's a Small frame on the website (top tube is not Easton RAD). You are just going to have to be patient with the rest of us. ;)

#15 ·
Thanks for the link it was an interesting article.... I clearly saw what it said in the picture....I should have been more clear with the question....after studying the pic it's now clear how it works...

#18 ·
Hey Guys!

Thanks for the props!

Definitely stoked on the new bikes - fully make over cosmetically and the RAD tubing definitely inproves the looks!

Anyway, it's late, been drink...,er working hard and need to go to bed!

Spent the morning getting the bikes built up and didn't get to the dirt demo until the afternoon. Met with Greg Kato today who took some pictures of the built up frames so hopefully those should be up soon.

Spent about an hour chatting with the brothers Canfield at the Magura trailer today: just as I remember from last year - Chris and Lance are really kick ass guys. It's really cool to see innovation in the industry, instead of a lot of the mediocre crap that is pushed out by (not all) big companies as the next greatest thing.

I'll keep the update small since it's late and I have to meet with Progressive Suspension first thing tomorrow morning, but again, thanks for the support! Knolly is trying to take make innovative products of superlative quality so it's really great to hear all the positive (and any negative) comments. I really appreciate them!

#19 ·
knollybikes.com said:
Thanks for the props!

Definitely stoked on the new bikes - fully make over cosmetically and the RAD tubing definitely inproves the looks!

Anyway, it's late, been drink...,er working hard and need to go to bed!

Spent the morning getting the bikes built up and didn't get to the dirt demo until the afternoon. Met with Greg Kato today who took some pictures of the built up frames so hopefully those should be up soon.

Spent about an hour chatting with the brothers Canfield at the Magura trailer today: just as I remember from last year - Chris and Lance are really kick ass guys. It's really cool to see innovation in the industry, instead of a lot of the mediocre crap that is pushed out by (not all) big companies as the next greatest thing.

I'll keep the update small since it's late and I have to meet with Progressive Suspension first thing tomorrow morning, but again, thanks for the support! Knolly is trying to take make innovative products of superlative quality so it's really great to hear all the positive (and any negative) comments. I really appreciate them!
Looking sweet noel! Those are definitely gonna be a huge hit once you release them! Oh btw, nice interview with hcor.net too :)

#22 ·
gonzostrike said:
check the website for prices, e-i-o. they ain't cheap, but top quality never is. this bike truly will slay the Demo series from Specialized, I'll bet my dog on it! and she's a danged good dog, too... here she is running trail at the Rampage course:
How much for the dog?
:D

#23 ·
Glad to hear you are working hard Noel, The new site looks great. I Can honestly say I am surprised at how good the red frame looks and even more surprised that the blue in the photos doesnt look that great. Oh well, I still like the way the blue loks in person. That is my color, and I am sticking with it!

Looks like I am in no rush to get the bike now though, I had a little accident at Whistler on Sunday. 2 fractured vertabrae, and am not allowed to do any physcal activity for 8 weeks. The plus side is I am getting very good at lying down and taking percacet.

Keep us posted about Interbike.

TJ

#24 ·
gonzostrike said:
check the website for prices, e-i-o. they ain't cheap, but top quality never is. this bike truly will slay the Demo series from Specialized, I'll bet my dog on it! and she's a danged good dog, too... here she is running trail at the Rampage course:
I dont believe he has prices posted up there yet, but expect prices to be similar to other high end bikes.

TJ

#25 ·
The trans red is pretty nice

006_007 said:
Glad to hear you are working hard Noel, The new site looks great. I Can honestly say I am surprised at how good the red frame looks and even more surprised that the blue in the photos doesnt look that great. Oh well, I still like the way the blue loks in person. That is my color, and I am sticking with it!

Looks like I am in no rush to get the bike now though, I had a little accident at Whistler on Sunday. 2 fractured vertabrae, and am not allowed to do any physcal activity for 8 weeks. The plus side is I am getting very good at lying down and taking percacet.

Keep us posted about Interbike.

TJ
I was torn between that color and the matte black, ended up going with the black. Follow the doctors orders and make plans for your first ride on the new bike.

Oh yeah, did you tell Matt that his bike is defective?
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.