Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

attn. BJ 04 stinky?

1K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
hey, i caught in a thread that you friend got busted up when his stinky shattered or something. I just got an '04 stinky dee-lux and i was wondering if you could tell me a bit about what happened. i dont want to push beyond my bikes limits and get all busted up too.

hope your friend gets better. thanks.

#2 ·
rpl3000 said:
hey, i caught in a thread that you friend got busted up when his stinky shattered or something. I just got an '04 stinky dee-lux and i was wondering if you could tell me a bit about what happened. i dont want to push beyond my bikes limits and get all busted up too.

Don't listen to -BJ, hes internet speculation/dumbass at its finest.

-TS

#5 ·
Are you refering to the video clip of his friend who pussed out on the double shortsided it and landed face first snapping his fork in half??? cause that'll happen to just about any bike you do that enough to.

#6 ·
Zonk0u said:
Are you refering to the video clip of his friend who pussed out on the double shortsided it and landed face first snapping his fork in half??? cause that'll happen to just about any bike you do that enough to.
ya it was just a fork leg that he broke on his bike.It wasn't the frame or something like that.

#9 ·
i think bj was talking about ev, he has a 2004 stinky. anyway, it sounded to me like he was raggin on the stinky when ev was breaking things like wheels and stuff. IMO that is no fault of the stinky because that's just the frame.

BTW I haven't seen them do anything where their frames' lives would be in jeopardy, no offense bj. but you guys are all pretty skinny.

#11 ·
Zonk0u said:
that was some kona hardtail in that video... i think he's talking about the thread titled something like "maestro crap" it has maestro in it. bj said something in that thread.

#12 ·
rpl3000 said:

I ride a 04 stinky and I have put it through massive abuse and its fine. Check out the fall on the roof drop in the Norcal teaser. The stinky throws down.

#15 ·
look...

for a start...no one takes anything i say srriously anyways and everyone as you can see thinks im some bloody retard...
thesherpa said:
Don't listen to -BJ, hes internet speculation/dumbass at its finest.
so its your choice weather or not u take what i say seriously...

ill tell you why i stated that and why i was anoyed with stinkys tho...the frames themselves are really quite tough and really good bikes...apart form the paint jobs being rather thin and easy to scratch or ruin...and the fact there really slow of the mark and slugish (this is only from my experience of riding one for 4 months...but what would i know) the problem i had was with the 04' specs on the stinkys not the frame its self but...the hubs...wheels...shocks and forks etc...as we all know all of that stuff is really dogy and bad componentry at that...and its to be expected that off 20'ft drops your doing to break it...i was just anoyed with it seems as i was the one who payed for it seems as i was riding at the time of the hub breaking...and i kinda fell 10'ft and landed of my head as a result of the hub and axle failing etc...good bike really bad componentry tho...

i would still recconmend one...just replace the really bad wheels before you ride it...and im sure the stinky dee-lux would be a great bike...it doesnt come with as crappy componentry as the stock stinky as far as im concerned...but like ive said...and everyone else has...what would i know...:rolleyes:

#18 ·
thesherpa said:
Uhh then leave or shut your mouth. I'm not trying to be a dick because you have some good posts but most are just complete BS and lots of people are getting bad info from you.
and who are you to tell me that...

give me one good reason why and who gave you the right to speak to me like that...and im the one whos full of BS and talking trash when i havnt said anythinf offensive or cracked it at anyone for having a go at me for the past coupld of days...and mind you ive had a sizable ammount of ppl having a go at me...and no im not happy about...and yes im sick of it...and yes you like the rest of everyone else whos been hanging it one me can all go to hell...

ive really been trying and all i continue to get is more BS from all of you...and your the ones telling me not to post things...in future you can keep ur mouth shut man...because if i was anyone else i would have allready left after the ammount of crap ive been recieving...although for some reason i havnt yet and dont want to...

i appologise if this is offensve to anyone...especially yourself...i just cant take this for much longer...and will in the end refuse to...

(shaking head)

#19 ·
BJ- said:

give me one good reason why and who gave you the right to speak to me like that...and im the one whos full of BS and talking trash when i havnt said anythinf offensive or cracked it at anyone for having a go at me for the past coupld of days...and mind you ive had a sizable ammount of ppl having a go at me...and no im not happy about...and yes im sick of it...and yes you like the rest of everyone else whos been hanging it one me can all go to hell...

ive really been trying and all i continue to get is more BS from all of you...and your the ones telling me not to post things...in future you can keep ur mouth shut man...because if i was anyone else i would have allready left after the ammount of crap ive been recieving...although for some reason i havnt yet and dont want to...

i appologise if this is offensve to anyone...especially yourself...i just cant take this for much longer...and will in the end refuse to...

(shaking head)
Alright...so you do have a spine. I thank you for finally showing it.

You must realize that you dont have to "work" on not flying the ******** flag.....just dont take the effort in raising it.

"hey BJ is the stinky good?" "My friend did this and this and this so the bike sucks because bla bla"

when in fact....

"hey BJ is the stinky good?" "The frame is of decent quality, you do not have to worry about the frame as much as you need to keep track of the regular stinky componets......the delux should be fine by all means because of its higher quality componets....etc."

I could be crossing my bounds...but in all actuality your a good guy, and have a lot to contribute.....just dont sport the BS flag......

#20 ·
yeh he was riding a stinky, and it was mine and the componentry on them are sh!t...the frames are awesome and will last for ages but your hubs are mega cr@p....this hub is the second that i've been through in 5 months, yeh they can handle 10-12 foot drops, but im doing 20foot gaps and drops

and the other bike with the snaped fork leg was a Stuff not a stinky

and the person riding it is a sh!t rider...

#21 ·
EV- said:
yeh he was riding a stinky, and it was mine and the componentry on them are sh!t...the frames are awesome and will last for ages but your hubs are mega cr@p....this hub is the second that i've been through in 5 months, yeh they can handle 10-12 foot drops, but im doing 20foot gaps and drops

and the other bike with the snaped fork leg was a Stuff not a stinky

and the person riding it is a sh!t rider...
Did BJ post pics of the 20 foot drops? just wondering cause i never saw any

#22 ·
the parts are enough to get the bike rolling. you cant expect and indestructable part spec for 1600 bucks. You cant b*tch about the bike being terrible, because (and i found this out over time) you get what you pay for.

to answer the original question, your deelux will hold up fine. the stinky frames are pretty damn strong and the parts spec if far superior than the stock stinky. Give it hell, just dont expect it to be in mint condition when you crash it ;)

#23 ·
its a good thing i just got the frame and built the rest up myself.

i remember testing out a few at my local shop and i really liked the geometry and size. but i didnt want the wheels and the fork. i already had a JrT and a nice set of bombshell wheels so i just ended up getting a frame off ebay.

after riding it since saturday all i can complain about is the FSA Pig headset. its kinda junk but maybe i'll get a head-lock or something like that to help it out a bit.

oh yea and my gouged rocker plates. but as someone mentioned in a different thread, just turned the seat collar w/ the spring off to find the right spot.

#24 ·
BJ- said:

(shaking head)
Whatever. You can say what you want about how tough you are for staying here, but we don't wanna hear it. Also, head Gramitcas advice and we will all be happier. If your good for a day i'll be nice.

-TS

#25 ·
matt said:
Did BJ post pics of the 20 foot drops? just wondering cause i never saw any
i posted the link to a video...of a mate of mine on his AC landing it and exiting it in a manual...i cant remember the link or thread name...im sure youd find it if you did a search...i sure thought it was rather neat...

bansheerider said:
the parts are enough to get the bike rolling. you cant expect and indestructable part spec for 1600 bucks. You cant b*tch about the bike being terrible, because (and i found this out over time) you get what you pay for.

to answer the original question, your deelux will hold up fine. the stinky frames are pretty damn strong and the parts spec if far superior than the stock stinky. Give it hell, just dont expect it to be in mint condition when you crash it
no...but still id expect the axle not to bend after 2 months of abuse...then another after 2 more months and the front hub to literally fall apart...and if you were the one who was riding it at the time it would have also hit a soft spot...and as a result im sure you wouldnt have been happy about it...but as a beginner FR bike it would do a great job...just not if your serious about your riding...

rpl3000 said:
its a good thing i just got the frame and built the rest up myself.

i remember testing out a few at my local shop and i really liked the geometry and size. but i didnt want the wheels and the fork. i already had a JrT and a nice set of bombshell wheels so i just ended up getting a frame off ebay.

after riding it since saturday all i can complain about is the FSA Pig headset. its kinda junk but maybe i'll get a head-lock or something like that to help it out a bit.

oh yea and my gouged rocker plates. but as someone mentioned in a different thread, just turned the seat collar w/ the spring off to find the right spot.
very strong fun bikes...have fun with it man...

(the stinkys just come with bad componentry)

thesherpa said:
If your good for a day i'll be nice.
is that a challenge...:D

gramatica said:
Alright...so you do have a spine. I thank you for finally showing it.

You must realize that you dont have to "work" on not flying the ******** flag.....just dont take the effort in raising it.

"hey BJ is the stinky good?" "My friend did this and this and this so the bike sucks because bla bla"

when in fact....

"hey BJ is the stinky good?" "The frame is of decent quality, you do not have to worry about the frame as much as you need to keep track of the regular stinky componets......the delux should be fine by all means because of its higher quality componets....etc."

I could be crossing my bounds...but in all actuality your a good guy, and have a lot to contribute.....just dont sport the BS flag......
im finding it hard to take all these not so negative comments...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.