Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Freeriding in PA??

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Jettj45 
#1 ·
Are there any good places around western PA for Freeriding. I have been just buildin my own ****. I'm lookin for anything. I've been to showshoe its awesome there.

#2 ·
Where are you at in western PA, I'm in Uniontown. I'm starting my own freeride park in my back yard, by spring it's going to be huge. I raced 4X at snowshoe last month, the place is awsome. I didn't ride the park or the downhill, I wanted to concentrate on the 4X race. I'm going to snoeshoe next Sunday to ride everything down there. I'll be taking alot of pictures to get some ideas for the stuff I'm going to build.

#3 ·
I'm in Beaver Falls for school but live in Peters township(its in washington county). Ive been riding at Brady run park but its all XC, i get bored. Yea im goin down to snowshoe the weekend its closing the bike park i think 15-17th this month. I just want to find a public place i can ride or at least some where i can build .

#4 ·
I don't know of anything around the area, that's why I'm going to start building my own stuff. If your going to be at snowshoe sunday say Hi if you see, me I'll be on a black P2.
What will you be riding? You can stop by next summer and ride when I get everything built.

#7 ·
hey i live in mt lebanon. i'm trying to build some of my own stuff too. there is some sweet riding in frick park in pittsburgh. i built some ladders in frick but i/ve moved to a closer location to build.

#8 ·
I'm pretty close to you why7, i live in Peter Township. Ive build some stuff on the trails at south park. Have about 5 doubles average of 12ft gaps. but no ladders, some good places for ladder drops, just never got around to building

#11 ·
i live in hampton

Jettj45 said:
Are there any good places around western PA for Freeriding. I have been just buildin my own ****. I'm lookin for anything. I've been to showshoe its awesome there.
hey dude whats up...

i live in hampton and i have a couple of friends that ride with me...we have some drops n **** like that around here...we startin to go urban riding again in pittsburgh and oakland since the trails arnt doin so good anymore...maybe if u wanna join up for a ride somtime thatd be cool

email me at Lauer89@yahoo.com whenever u wanna get together

i got a big hit
friends got a vp free (sweet ass bike)
other ones got a gemini

so if you ever see us riding anywhere say hey

#14 ·
go to frick park it has lots of good drops and there are a few ladders off of forbes avenue. more needs to be built tho. there are jumps is south park but i havent riden them. definetly go to frick tho it has al kinds of good stuff.

#15 ·
Where are the jumps at south park ? Any of you guys go to the bmx track to ride, I go once in a while, I use to race bmx there all the time. I'll have to make it out to frick park some time. Are you guys into DH racing ? Theres a big race at seven springs next week end. Jettj45 how was your trip to snowshoe ? Mine was great, a little tough on my HT but I had a blast. I was bummed the 4X track was gone. I'll have to get with you guys and ride sometime. I ride the skate park all winter if anyone wants to join in let me know.
Thanks jody

#17 · (Edited)
You know where the wave pool is in south park? go up there to the parking lot there is a trail entrance there. You will be able to see where the main trail heads but you dont want to go on that. after your on the trial like 20ft from the parking lot go left you should find a pretty good decent there ride down it you should see jumps. and what skate park? Yea ill be going to south park on friday after pt high school lets out i think thats like 2:20. Im sure ill be there for 2-3 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.