Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'04 stinky dee-lux owners

509 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rpl3000 
#1 ·
are you guys having trouble with the rocker plates hitting the seatpost binder?

the seatpost binder is stock. along with a little cable tie off thing under the clamp. i took off the shock and both are interfering with the travel. what gives? \

anyway i know the answer is to get a different seatpost bonder and get rid of that cable thingy but i'd like to know what clamp you guys are using that clears the plates and is it QR?
i know on my old stab i had to use a fixed clamp. thanks.

#3 ·
rpl3000 said:
are you guys having trouble with the rocker plates hitting the seatpost binder?

the seatpost binder is stock. along with a little cable tie off thing under the clamp. i took off the shock and both are interfering with the travel. what gives? \

anyway i know the answer is to get a different seatpost bonder and get rid of that cable thingy but i'd like to know what clamp you guys are using that clears the plates and is it QR?
i know on my old stab i had to use a fixed clamp. thanks.
03's are the same. Rotate the clamp 30 degrees counter-clockwise (looking down) and it won't hit. I finally checked how bad would hit with the shock mounted and no spring - not bad, as it doesn't hit unless you bottom bad (rubber shock bumper squished).

I had my shock pushed, and moved it back the way it was - since I bottom out very infrequently now. My suggestion is to fix the bottoming problem, or rotate the clamp. Good luck. Regards,

#4 ·
Wierd...I've never had my rocker plates hit anything. And I've ridden at N*, Whislter, and Downieville. MY biggest jump was probably on a tabletop at Whislter where I got about 8' in the air and landed on flat. No problems there. I don't know if my shop pre-moved the seat post or what? It's a 04 Stinky Dee too.

#6 ·
thanks guys, i'll try moving the seat clamp 30 degrees, it that doesnt work then i guess a new clamp is in order.

another note about bottoming. i've never had a shock with compression damping. so i'm guessing that i dont have that set up right. i got my sag right and i dont think i need a heavier spring it feels really good with my JrT.

so any suggestions about setting the compression damping? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.