Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Last weekend in AZ (x-post AZ Forum)

679 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  e<i>o 
#1 ·
Went with Monk (Cactus Bikes) up to Sunrise,AZ last weekend. Got there about 10 a.m., got the bikes out, geared up, and bought my ticket. As I walked the 15 feet to the lifts they closed them due to lightning. Sadly posted was the sign "No Refunds". :( The rain began, then the hail, then sleet, then finally snow! After playing dice for a while (Clackity-Clack!), Bonnie decides to ride up the fireroad. Buckling to some peer pressure, and the desire to ride my virgin new bike, I decide to join the crew. The trip up was slow and cold, but finally we were within a couple hundred yards from the top. That is where the indians busted us. We ended up riding down Shoots and Ladders. It was phenominal! Slick in spots, tacky in others, googles useless, mud and debris in eyes! We had an epic run down. Everyone was frozen, muddy, but with perma-grins plastered to our faces. :D
The Astrix was AWESOME! I'll give a full report when I log some more miles on it.
White lifts in the White Mtns

The pedal and push up

Writing in the snow

STIL Slicker than it looks -Mike D

STIL Slicker than it looks -Steve-O

Galen on Shoots and Ladders

Bonnie on Shoots and Ladders

My new ride (full review to follow)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.