Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Uh Oh..Plattekill in 2005?

607 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DHbiker 
#1 ·
Reliable sources are hinting that Plattekill will only be open on race weekends in 2005! I guess all the traffic that Diablo is getting is putting a dampener on plattekills attendance..

I love plattekill, but have to be honest and say that this year was a huge dissappointment..the race courses were 1/2 assed, the trails were super eroded with zero maintenance and they really didnt step up to the challenge...

Plattekill has such amazing natural terrain and I thought they totally would have stepped up their game this year since Diablo was building tons of new sick trails. The icing on the cake was when diablo build the dominion jump trail.

Anyone else have info?

#2 ·
jesusbuiltmyanus said:
Reliable sources are hinting that Plattekill will only be open on race weekends in 2005! I guess all the traffic that Diablo is getting is putting a dampener on plattekills attendance..

I love plattekill, but have to be honest and say that this year was a huge dissappointment..the race courses were 1/2 assed, the trails were super eroded with zero maintenance and they really didnt step up to the challenge...

Plattekill has such amazing natural terrain and I thought they totally would have stepped up their game this year since Diablo was building tons of new sick trails. The icing on the cake was when diablo build the dominion jump trail.

Anyone else have info?
Not good. If they close it will mean more traffic for Attitash. That place has been adding more and more trails every year. I've never been to Plattekill but Attitash is very, very, very, cool/sick place.

#3 ·
Attitash has a lot of potential, but what they need is some faster trails.....not just tech, flowy stuff. If they add some tech trails, and make a better mtn-x park, it would be sweeet. I wish Sunapee did DH, there race course is sick.

#4 ·
DJrider04 said:
Attitash has a lot of potential, but what they need is some faster trails.....not just tech, flowy stuff. If they add some tech trails, and make a better mtn-x park, it would be sweeet.
I agree with you on that one. They have been adding some trails there. Just DO NOT ride on the fireroads if you go there (unless it is the trail)! Keep on the trails, because on the trail 'kids will be kids' I have seen people skip it and heard of people almost crashing into people going off the open slope drop. Attitash is great. They added a new flowy fast trail that branches off onto the other side (right) on the trail 'whoops'. I hope Plattekill stays open though, we already lost Sunday River :(
Everyone in the area, go to Attitash Columbus Day weekend (weather pending) it should be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.