Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

hub help needed....

447 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zedro 
#1 ·
hopped on my bike today and noticed a strange noise. the rear hub is making a click(almost a napping kinda sound) doens't do it all the time
more often coasting than pedalling but happens in both situations. any idea what this is? is the hub trashed. any quick fix? I've got a race in a week.

edit: its a Real hub

#2 ·
zjchaser said:
hopped on my bike today and noticed a strange noise. the rear hub is making a clicking sound
dude all hubs click as they rotate...

u ever slowly wheeled ur bike somewhere...ull notice the rear hub clicks...the fact you have gears and that your wheels are created to roll forward and pedal you forwards etc are why (cant word the reason) most ppl just dont reailse the sound of it clicking as the wheel roates while riding...other sounds...the wind or resistence u create when moving quickly through the air...or if u have a full face on then it duffles the clicking out...

check for play in the hub...and how true ur wheel are...sometimes it can affect how loud and the different pitch of the clicking...but apart from that man noting seems wrong...believe it or not...hubs...wait for it...click...:D

#3 ·
BJ..seriously dude...you have to add another post to your count thinking I'm stupid..ugh..I know the freewheel click...all the engagement points...blah blah....this is an occassional snap that binds the rotation of the wheel, doesn't stop it but adds a lor of resistence....I think someinth gis ****ed up int he freewheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.