Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Seatpost Recommendations

564 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Kat10 
#1 ·
I don't know if you can see this or not, but the seatpost for my bike tapers toward the saddle, and won't tighten when I lower the post all the way down. it needs to be as low as possible. The frame is a little big for me.
Any ideas on another seatpost? It's a 2001 Intense M1.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
As others have already said - Thomson is the way to go (there is no "p" in Thomson if you're looking for their web info). I have an M1 and just make sure your seat is far enough forward on the rails to avoid seat rub from the rear tire and limiting travel if you have your seatpost all the way down like you're wanting.

G MAN

#13 ·
Actually, now that I think about it, I have a seatpost for that bike cut to fit flush. It is offset tho so you'll really have to push your seat forward on the rails to prevent tire rub but with that small saddle you may be able to get away with it (I use an Azonic Love Seat so it was too big). You can have it for the postage to get it to ya if ya want it.

Rock & ROLL,

G

#14 ·
Nice!

Gman086 said:
Actually, now that I think about it, I have a seatpost for that bike cut to fit flush. It is offset tho so you'll really have to push your seat forward on the rails to prevent tire rub but with that small saddle you may be able to get away with it (I use an Azonic Love Seat so it was too big). You can have it for the postage to get it to ya if ya want it.

Rock & ROLL,

G
Can we work that out? $$$ is a little tight right now and that would be awesome.
Thanks G.

kat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.