Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new hoops

701 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  matt 
#1 ·
Well, now Its rims, my rear is full of flat spots, and now my front is bent, and I doubt it will stay true. Im going to order trail pimps.Is there a better choice, for the money, Im getting charged about 90 bucks a rim, plus the cost of them lacing em for me, so Im guessing about 140 per rim, to much? what do you guys think?

#2 ·
Well, what hubs are you lacing the rims to? for 280 you can get into a very nice Azonic Outlaw wheelset. Im not sure what level the trailpimps are, but I know outlaws are a very respectful wheelset, and many people will tell you the same.

I guess, try and weigh your future wheelset to what you can buy.....

#4 ·
Gramatica said:
Well, what hubs are you lacing the rims to? for 280 you can get into a very nice Azonic Outlaw wheelset. Im not sure what level the trailpimps are, but I know outlaws are a very respectful wheelset, and many people will tell you the same.

I guess, try and weigh your future wheelset to what you can buy.....
I still have the OEM that came with the 04 bighit, spec. stout in the front and shimano m-525 in the rear.

#7 ·
Trail Pimps...

Trail pimps are indestructable. Probally the strongest rim out. (Heavy tho) But if you want the best all around rim, then get the Mavic ex729. Its the same rim as the MavicD321, just renamed for this year. Light, strong, and sexy!...$90 a rim.

#9 ·
Q-Tip said:
Trail pimps are indestructable. Probally the strongest rim out. (Heavy tho) But if you want the best all around rim, then get the Mavic ex729. Its the same rim as the MavicD321, just renamed for this year. Light, strong, and sexy!...$90 a rim.
arrow dhx's are stronger than trailpimps. i think.... and trailpimps aren't that wide.

#10 ·
Q-Tip said:
in case you wanna get the mavic ex729's they are on go-ride for 94.95 with spokes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.