Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

REvamped Triton DH frame.

2K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
Hello everyone this is too those who enjoy the Cortina line of bikes as for my self like to be included in the many. Not many have seen the Triton as for when it was sort of in its testing phase. I like to say that this bike looks nice and should be considered for a DH bike. Here are some Pre fab pics, not finished as of yet but be sure to be looking for some. Put this bike on your wish list for the 05 season. If you have the $$$ make it worth wild because it is not going to be a cheap frame. Custom valved 6 way by Manitou for each rider with a 38+32 tooth ISG mounts optional floating disk break. Though i would bring the good news for those few who want to make the investment. Chears.

See less See more
#5 ·
i WILL own one of those. cortinas are good people, and local people for that matter.
right now im trying to decide between an ironhorse sunday, knolly vtach, and the new cortina. what ever way i go im gonna be happy.

leaning towards the cortina now that ive seen it.
damn im excited

#7 ·
It is based on the same principle but is different is some way at least the rear end is. More DH oriented than FR. With sealed bearings to top it off. Stiffer 8 " of rear travel enough for DH. You don't need a 9 +" rear travel DH bike to win races. I would not be sureprised if this bike would be better than an Orange. However The omega 7 is limited edition DH bike only 25 are going to be made to celebrate Cortina's 10 years in the bike industry.

#10 ·
Padre said:
Excuse my ignorance...
other than the apparent stiffer rear end...
how is that frame functionally different than, say.... a Bullit?
Same shock placement.
Same pivot placement.
Etc, etc, etc..

Enlighten me....
Like a "Bullit" it is based on a single pivot design. So really you can't get much different than that, so really stating that how is a bullit different than any other single pivot? The Cortina Triton is just another single pivot on the market with some improvements on it. As you mentioned the rear triangle With some geometry modifications that I am not too sure of.

#13 ·
Like many. Its just a preferance that I took apon my self to express. That I would like to have a fellow canadian build my bike ect... Like a Balfa very well built, and if you wanted too you could talk to the guy that is building your bike. Like Cortina, talk to the man Rahoul he's the welder. Its all about knowing were and how your bike is being made and by who ect...

#14 ·
Max_winner1 said:
Like many. Its just a preferance that I took apon my self to express. That I would like to have a fellow canadian build my bike ect... Like a Balfa very well built, and if you wanted too you could talk to the guy that is building your bike. Like Cortina, talk to the man Rahoul he's the welder. Its all about knowing were and how your bike is being made and by who ect...
now thats a little different ;)

#16 ·
First off, I love the look of bare aluminum......yummy.

Second, what are the holes next to the BB in the first pic for? Are they for another linkage plate? Probaly not since they aren't machined or forged out for bearings. I've been trying to figure that out since I saw the pic. Anyone know...let me in....

wyrm

#17 ·
Max_winner1 said:
so if you could speak to the guy in china/taiwan welding up your frames, would you be more comftorable getting a bike from overseas?

#18 ·
Yeah I called Adrian about that part and he explained it is going to serve as a guide for the suspention. Sort of as you see in the Foes mono the top mounting shock the black piece that guides the linkage during travel. This will act almost the same way. So picture another linkage piece in there and how it will act.

#19 ·
Max_winner1 said:
Yeah I called Adrian about that part and he explained it is going to serve as a guide for the suspention. Sort of as you see in the Foes mono the top mounting shock the black piece that guides the linkage during travel. This will act almost the same way. So picture another linkage piece in there and how it will act.
that would make good sense, i was thinking the lower yoke to the bridge plate weld area was kinda lean; that should make it pretty burly. Although i still dont like the rear dropout area, would prefer those pockets to be filled in a bit.

#22 ·
When did the front end become aluminum? And did they ever sell the steel one? How long does it take to perfect a single pivot bike? And why the 6-way, marketing? - The tech from Manitou told me at Interbike last year that single pivots don't need it, the 4-way is simpler and more appropriate (and cheaper).

#23 ·
Padre said:
Excuse my ignorance...
other than the apparent stiffer rear end...
how is that frame functionally different than, say.... a Bullit?
Same shock placement.
Same pivot placement.
Etc, etc, etc..

Enlighten me....
Actually, the pivot placement is a LOT lower than a Bullit. So, that in itself will make a big difference in pedalling performance.

However, your question is along the lines of, "How is an Intense M1 functionally different from a Specialized SX?"

They both have a Horst link suspension.. and that's where the similarities stop. Different construction, different geometry, different target purpose... Aside from the fact that it's functionally different (different pivot placement), it's a completely different bike.

I think it looks really nice, actually. I'll take one, clearcoat over the raw aluminum please...

#24 ·
bahhhhhh.......

that thing is crazy ugly and dosen't really appear very different from the old steel one. although, i do like he addition of the plates on the sides of the swingarm.....
(edit: are the mout holes behind the BB and on the front part of the bottom of the swing arm there for an addition of a swing link?)

#25 ·
Something missing?

In the 2nd picture down, there are two brackets....one on the BB and one on the swingarm. both have what looks like bolt hole but what goes there? a linkage piece not installed yet? that is bugging me...

#26 ·
The Dude said:
In the 2nd picture down, there are two brackets....one on the BB and one on the swingarm. both have what looks like bolt hole but what goes there? a linkage piece not installed yet? that is bugging me...
yup, your're missing the part of the thread that explains it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.