Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

anyone wanna help make drops in fullerton loop

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mntbikenbambam 
#1 ·
hey anyone interested in makeing some lader drops on the ful;lerton loop??? or anywhere in north OC?

#2 ·
I'll certainly ride them! I live next to the Fullerton Loop and mostly ride it on Wednesday nights and on some weekends. Unfortunately, my work schedule has kept me from that for a while, and for the next month or so.

One could probably build some really neat stuff at the top of Mormon hill. There is some sick stuff up there that I think people actually ride (it's hard to tell, because I think some people hike up/down it).

Keep in mind that the city does maintain the loop. Fortunately one of the main guys (Clint?) rides. Lately, I've been riding a fully rigid Surly singlespeed, but if there is some cool stuff, I'll ride something else.

Sorry, I'd love to help build, but I barely have enough time these days to ride for an hour once a week. Hopefully come next spring I'll have more time.

I heard from some local kids that there is supposed to be a jump park opening in the Spring near Malvern and Bastencherry...heard of this?

#3 ·
jumps/fullerton loop

Hey,
I live right next to Laguna Lake(or what's left of it). I am currently bikeless, well just my trials bike, but i would be happy to help with creating something on the loop.

I agree that the top of Mormon Hill has serious potential. I can tell you that i made about a 3 foot long ladder drop on the top of that tall mound up there about 6 months back. I measured it at about a 7 foot drop. landed it twice. It was torn down when I came back about a month later(injured myself going off the drop).

I have been scoping out a section after laguna lake(heading south). The part where there is a raised trail up on the right- near the end there is some possibility for some very nice drops to trannies.

Malver & Bastanchury jumps? Hmm... i would think they'd have to be right were that tree farm is, just south of Sunny Hills. Haven't heard anything about that, but I'm there if they make it.

#4 ·
Count me in! I don't know what the name of the area is, but when coming to the end of the loop, just before you hit the damn, I see they've cleared the hills next to the wilderness area (I've also seen some small jumps & berms there). Everytime I go there I say to myself how cool it would be to groom out everything and set a ladder up! Let me know :cool:

Also, where's this Mormon hill you guys are talking about?

#6 ·
LLrider said:
Hey,
I live right next to Laguna Lake(or what's left of it). I am currently bikeless, well just my trials bike, but i would be happy to help with creating something on the loop.

I agree that the top of Mormon Hill has serious potential. I can tell you that i made about a 3 foot long ladder drop on the top of that tall mound up there about 6 months back. I measured it at about a 7 foot drop. landed it twice. It was torn down when I came back about a month later(injured myself going off the drop).

I have been scoping out a section after laguna lake(heading south). The part where there is a raised trail up on the right- near the end there is some possibility for some very nice drops to trannies.

Malver & Bastanchury jumps? Hmm... i would think they'd have to be right were that tree farm is, just south of Sunny Hills. Haven't heard anything about that, but I'm there if they make it.
yeah hey where is mormon hill?? i know there is a spot up on the top of the hill before you hit euclid before la\guana lake area. its at the top on the left i dont know if that is where u are talking about but that is where i was thinking... its that place right to the left right before you go down that last hill.... what u guys think???

#7 ·
mormon hill...

Mormon hill is the downhill that runs down and hits Euclid, there is a church on the right near the bottom. Yes, I was talking about the highest part up on the left on top, although there isn't much room for runup on anything up there. Anything built up there would be a little more sketchy

I agree with hbfrdh1, the area behind the dam might even be better. More secluded- I think people would be less likely to tear something down there too. Damn trail commies

#8 ·
mntbikenbambam said:
yeah hey where is mormon hill?? i know there is a spot up on the top of the hill before you hit euclid before la\guana lake area. its at the top on the left i dont know if that is where u are talking about but that is where i was thinking... its that place right to the left right before you go down that last hill.... what u guys think???
Yes, that is the area. That downhill before Euclid is referred to as Morman Hill because there was/is a Morman church next to it.

#9 ·
On the old railway dirt road (on the section after Laguna lake where it heads south), I've seen where people are doing some drops to trannys (man, that sounds bad!).

I've seen the jumps down behind St Jude Hospital (how nice!), and they're okay for beginning jumpers, but that was I all I really found. That is a good area, though.

Keep in mind that whatever is constructed out of materials that aren't naturally there, runs the risk of the city removing it in interest of "maintaining the trail," even if it's not directly on the trail. So, don't make it to big and obtrusive, and it may not get noticed.

#13 ·
hbfrdh1 said:
I can only speak for myself; I'm ready to set it up at the damn. I've got some ladder already pre-bult sitting on the side of my house (16" wide and the pieces are about 6' long). E-mail me and we'll set it up!!! :D
where u gonna put those by the damn? the west or east side of the creek??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.