Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I came home and she was there to greet me!

1K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ryan_daugherty 
#1 ·
Here is my new wildcard, well new frame - old parts... *cough* yeti *cough* saddle... .

ummm basic parts are.
wildcard frame Large and in charge
totem coil from 07
CC Double XC Flush headset, this dropped the front in down a bit.. . perfect height.
saint stuff, brakes, rear der, cranks BB etc.
i have the new e.13 ss chain guide coming.
I put my 325 wheels on because they were already laced to the saint hubs.
I was thinking about lacing my 729s up but .. that sounds like a lot of work.
TBC temple lite stem,
Diablous bars
Minion up front and high roller in back ..
thats about it. hopefully I'll have my dads rune built up soon.. I'll share that when its ready. I have enough parts laying around to build it up.. but I have a certain kit in mind..

RUNE

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice... Quick note... You might want to check carefully if the knobs on the fork will clear the downtube with that flush headset. When I had my WC set up with an FSA Orbit Z, the knobs on my Pike wouldn't clear. I could still swing the fork around in an X-Up, but it's because the dial on the fork would turn and it scratched my down tube just a smidge. Luckily I noticed this after my frist ride out and switched to the Hope heaset I have on now.

#8 ·
I didnt like the team paint scheme when I ordered mine and went black ano. But your build looks completely different to the pics I saw of team frames. I like it a lot. Please let me know what you think of the Totem up front and if you change rear settings. I havent gotten round to trying the 6.5" setting cause it just flys in 5". I have a 36 rc2 up front and just changed to a firmer spring which has balanced the front and rear and jumps even better now. I would like to invest in a totem or 66 this year for a possible longer travel mini Dh/freeride bike but I plan to run it on the Wildcard and play with the rear settings, if it feels good I may run a coil shock, then make a decision on a new frame. My reasons for hesitating on a 180mm fork would how lite the 36 make the front end and the bike is super nimble.

#11 ·
juanbeegas said:
Nice... Quick note... You might want to check carefully if the knobs on the fork will clear the downtube with that flush headset. When I had my WC set up with an FSA Orbit Z, the knobs on my Pike wouldn't clear. I could still swing the fork around in an X-Up, but it's because the dial on the fork would turn and it scratched my down tube just a smidge. Luckily I noticed this after my frist ride out and switched to the Hope heaset I have on now.
it clears just fine, I have had a normal CC double XC headset on hand just incase.

#13 ·
juan pablo said:
ride report please. And let us know how it feels compared to the Rune.
I am trying to go ride this saturday, but I have a massive head cold + i'm working ridiculous hours ...

I will have the Rune built soon and I"ll tell you how it feels.. I can tell you right now that it'll feel small since .. haha it is a small. It is for my dad, who is considerably shorter than me.

i rode the wildcard around the parking lot and so far so good... pedals awesome, even with pro pedal all the way off. the frame is a great wait.. it feels way quicker than my as-x so far...

i'll be able to get it to blackrock in the next few weekends.. I'll have a real ride report and pictures for sure.

thanks for the solid comments guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.