Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The bummed about not doing AZSF ride today Thread

1K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Dry Cownty Brewer 
#1 ·
Have at it!

#5 ·
F*ck. F*ck. F*ck.

I had to miss the Aunt Chilada's hairball ride last night due to a "misunderstanding" by the wife. Needless to say I was furious. She's locked in a closet now and won't be allowed to come out for 2 days. I *really* wanted to try that ride at night.

And I have to work today and tomorrow, so I'm stuck inside with no chance for a ride. If I get some time I will be heading to the gym for a weight workout. Bleh.

I'm still looking forward to the p*a*r*t*a*y Friday night followed by a Sedona fun ride on Saturday and a TBD ride on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Thx...Doug

#6 ·
Yup...working today. One of these days I'll make it down to Tucson...sigh
...but the Hairball ride was FABULOUS!!! That trail is even more fun at night! :D

Doug, should've been there...You really aught to play hooky on Friday and come play with us on one of the SoMo rides. You know, to make up for missing the Hairball ride! ;)

#8 ·
I was feeling the same way until I realized my work will still be here on Monday if I take the rest of the week off....so i'm bailing from the office after lunch. Not sure where to ride, but i'm riding something....because its spring fling!

#11 ·
I have to schmooze today for work @ the ballpark in Scottsdale...

I would rather be riding, but seeing as I am the marketing/customer relations/billing/support/lead engineer/head monkey I should probably go.

I also have to work tomorrow, but I'm thinking of riding SoMo late afternoon so I can just go right to the party afterward.

#13 ·
ScottN said:
I have to schmooze today for work @ the ballpark in Scottsdale...

I would rather be riding, but seeing as I am the marketing/customer relations/billing/support/lead engineer/head monkey I should probably go.

I also have to work tomorrow, but I'm thinking of riding SoMo late afternoon so I can just go right to the party afterward.
I aint really big into pro sports, but Spring Training has been pretty good to me this year.

#15 ·
yuck!:mad: stuck at work now and its mandatory OT saturday but I might just have to say no way and head to sedona anyways! I mean what are they gonna do, fire me? Unemployment here I come and have all the unlimited riding time to myself :D :band:

#16 ·
Found out the last time driving back from Sedonuts to Los Angeles that the VW Jetta front end has a mind of it's own on smooth cut concrete like on I-10. Since I almost always do 60 to 65mph here in CA, it was not that noticeable. But everyone in AZ does it seems like 80 mph, and that was a white knuckler keeping it between the white lines.
Found out my lower control arm bushings are falling out. Shop was supposed to fix it Wednesday, but they only ordered 1/2 the bushings they needed for the job. It was cheaper for me to buy all new control arms with all new bushings and ball joints at AZ Autohaus than it was for me to pay them for parts and labor at $90 an hour to press the old bushings out and press the new bushings in.

Long story short, I ordered the parts on Wednesday morning, they are coming from PHX to L.A. today, will arrive Friday between 10:30 and 11:30 Am, and I'll get them installed ASAP. I might be able to make Sat and Sunday, thinking MCDowells and BCT or maybe Vail in Tuscon sounds tasty too. Anyone got a monday ride planned?

#17 ·
Tragically, I could not make it to Tucson today -- either to ride or for the bars on bikes thing. Dammit!

I had to make due taking Impy around Sedona today instead -- dang, I forgot how brutal Huckaby was! A little Jim Thomson, a little Jordan, a little Soldier Pass, some other (not particularly) secret stuff.

I'll cry myself to sleep on my gigantic pillow tonight.

p.

#18 ·
u2metoo said:
Have at it!
I had to work today, so no spring fling for me. No problem, though, because tomorrow will be GREAT!

But Steve at Cactus called and said that he had just fixed my bike. Oh glorious day! I'll be at South Mountain tomorrow taking my Spring Fling.

See you around.

Dave

#22 ·
Yeah, gotta plan around work too. And the hot temps were not appealing. Yup, spoiled brat I am and went hiking in the big ditch instead. Planning for early ride on Saturday in Sedona before work. Y'all have fun now.

#23 ·
My Spring Fling riding is over due to riding my a$$ raw. No literally raw. It's not even funny so stop with the giggling. My a$$ hurts bad. The Milly ride yesterday I was standing on the peddles 90% of the time and when I was seated I was suffering. It's shammy cream for me from now on. I was so looking forward to Sedona tomorrow, butt I'll have to sit it out (bad choice of words)

#25 ·
I missed all the rides due to a broken frame in the 2nd week of March. Apparently the bike gods don't want me riding with large groups of people who love to ride and have a good time. I think I'll buy 2 bikes this year (Yes only 2) to make ensure I will make next years ride.

As for getting my bike back, I'm still waiting to hear from Fisher. With my luck I'll get it back on the first 115 degree day. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.