Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

AZSF SoMo Rocky Mountain Demos Interest?

639 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  azepicriderandrunner 
#1 ·
I am trying to get a rough idea of how many people will be demoing bikes at SoMo, so who would like to demo a bike?

I demoed a Slayer and Vertex Team bikes last year and both were amazing (the later I used for a C2C2C and the bike was perfect, in fact, I think we are one of the first stops for this year's fleet=new bikes!) This year, I am planning on getting another rig.

I am asking to give Kurt a approximate count.

#3 ·
azepicriderandrunner said:
I am trying to get a rough idea of how many people will be demoing bikes at SoMo, so who would like to demo a bike?

I demoed a Slayer and Vertex Team bikes last year and both were amazing (the later I used for a C2C2C and the bike was perfect, in fact, I think we are one of the first stops for this year's fleet=new bikes!) This year, I am planning on getting another rig.

I am asking to give Kurt a approximate count.
Where will they be set up for the demos at South Mountain and are they ok with someone taking them out for an all-day gnarly ride? My two Ohio visitors might be interested (small or med frames would fit them) ...

#5 ·
mtnbiketodd said:
If you plan on setting up on South Mtn land I suggest you contact the Ranger since it appears they have shut down demos for at least 1 year.
We will not be at South Mountain, it will be an off site location (most likely the Safeway near SoMo, still waiting on confirmation from Kurt).

Thanks for the heads up though.

#11 ·
azepicriderandrunner said:
We will not be at South Mountain, it will be an off site location (most likely the Safeway near SoMo, still waiting on confirmation from Kurt).

Thanks for the heads up though.
Cool.... Just wanted to make sure a repeat of last year did not happen where demos where lined up but the Rangers would not let the rigs into the park!

#14 ·
Hey all,

I'm the Rocky rep for the territory. At this time I have 1 Altitude, No element, 2 Slayers, 2 Hammers, and 1 Flatline to demo, and I have no bike under 18". A good chunk of the remainder of my bikes are arriving this Friday, so they came too late this year for the event. I think I may have to miss the event this year (we had a great time last year) as I'm not sure the drive is going to worth with such a short bike supply. Can I say I'll promise to make it next year making you guys the 1st stop on our demo tour next year with shiney, fancy new bikes to ride, so no one hates me? I'm doing a demo with Slippery Pig within the next 2 months and I'll post it on the board here when that date is, and you guys are all welcome to come ride bikes for free. Once again sorry for pulling out so late, things just did not line up so well......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.