Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MBAA Prescott Race

573 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jayem 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any idea which trails the MBAA is using for the Prescott race? I know it is at Alto Pit and I know it is counter clockwise, but the description on their web site says "inner loop" and that does not jive with anything on the Alto map.
Thanks,
Shu

#2 ·
SHU said:
Does anyone have any idea which trails the MBAA is using for the Prescott race? I know it is at Alto Pit and I know it is counter clockwise, but the description on their web site says "inner loop" and that does not jive with anything on the Alto map.
Thanks,
Shu
I know on the expert course that they did a loop around 37, 38 and 620 in addition to the alto-doubletrack, but that's a big chunk of riding if you aren't familiar. Otherwise the alto-race is just going around in circles from what I remember.

#3 · (Edited)
SHU said:
Thanks,
Shu
I don't know why they are calling it the inner loop. On the map shown on the MBAA web site it is the course marked in yellow (map link below), which is the outer loop on the map. It was run in the clockwise direction last year, I think the counter clockwise is for the jounior course (I could be wrong about that). It will all be done at the Alto Pit. I thought that last year the marathon course left the Alto Pit area, but I don't see any info for the marathon on the site for now. I could be wrong about that too. Lap counts are 2-Cat3, 3-Cat2, 4-Cat1 and 5-Pro. This was a fun course last year. Mostly all double track and not very technical, but still very challenging due to the steep short climbs though out the course. Each lap is about 1065' of climbing (according to my gps from last year), so multiply that by your lap count for total climbing of your class (I R a maff jeanyus).

http://www.mbaa.net/images/stories/08%20prescott%20course%28s%29.jpg

Have fun!!!

#5 ·
We should be riding up trail 37 today. It's near the OHV and if you can ride up 37, you'll have no problems riding up anything in the OHV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.