Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new Marzocchi

687 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  V02 deficient 
#1 ·
...wanted something with more travel than the old 2004 Marzocchi Marathon SL 29er, so added a Shiver to the quiver.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
discreet dirt shredding

bandit350 said:
AFTER I MOVE. detail, por favor.
Sorry man, these weren't even being shipped to the US yet when you lived here... but, you can still ride it when you come back to town :thumbsup:

detail? Well, I was looking seriously at a newer CRF450F or maybe an older 2-stroke 250, but ended up going with the Quantya Strada so that I could ride from the house and onto the local desert trails for ripping without the neighbors complaining about noise or attracting attention from the cops. It is totally quiet and a real blast -- I'm riding it way more than a gas bike just because it is so convenient and in-town-friendly. Green is the future, my friend -- no point-of-use emissions. Also, thanks to the new stimulus package, it also qualifies for the electric vehicle credit. Best of all, I'm going to charge it with solar panels when off the grid (camping,etc.).

No, I'm not a Quantya employee. Yet. :D

#5 ·
Phillbo said:
is that one of them thar eeeelectric motorcicles ?
yessiree Bob. I'm not sure if we've met before, but PM me if you want to take a few laps at the MX track in Fountain Hills -- I'll probably stop by there in the next couple of weeks. It is such a blast that I don't mind getting the word out. Seat-of-the-pants-o-meter thus far makes me think it can hang with 125, maybe even 250 4-strokes on short, burst-type tracks and certainly beat pit bikes on any track. For big tracks, I don't think it could keep up with the top-end power of a prepped 125 or standard 250 2-stroke. However, it is limited to the gear ratio of your sprocket. When these electric dirtbikes or street bikes start coming out with gearboxes, gas bikes are going to get crushed due to all the instant torque the electric motors generate. On the same train of thought, I would think that even a CR 250+ might lose to this bike if it had to stay in one gear. :eek:
Overall though, it's not like it is going to be Travis Pastrana's next bike. It is basically the ultimate pit/camping/neighborhood/urban trails "dirtbike."

#7 ·
tls36 said:
How many miles or how long will a full charge give you on techy singletrack? Very sweet, my CRF250X rules in the rocks, but bet with the lighter weight that thing is king.
I haven't been to any OHV techy areas with it yet, but it is still on it's first charge after 17 miles on P&D - like singletrack and 10 miles of 42mph (max speed with the current sprocket) commuting to and from the singletrack. Hourmeter reads 2.1 right now and there is around 1/4 charge left. Based on that, I would estimate 2.5hrs and 25-30 miles with some climbs and occasional roosting berms.

The manufacturer reports 25 miles range if run wide open the whole time (50mph with a more "street" sprocket) per charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.