Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Phoenix trail for 10yr old

704 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Cycle64 
#1 ·
So I am looking to take my little brother out on his first dirt trail. I am looking for something super easy. The only trail I am familiar with here in Phoenix is T100 off of 7th street. Can you guys help me out?

#10 ·
4slomo said:
Also consider Reach 11, South of the 101 Freeway and Tatum. It may be close by, and is pretty flat, but fun, especially for a kid.
Have a doctors office off of 101/Scottsdale and Deer Valley Road. I see all the trails west of Scottsdale Road. Yet there are signs saying no Trespassing. Those flat trails which look like they are being used would be a great rolling workout. Is this basically the Reach 11 area just entering in further west. Any trail head information would be great and the do's and don't of the area!

#12 ·
trb2929 said:
Have a doctors office off of 101/Scottsdale and Deer Valley Road. I see all the trails west of Scottsdale Road. Yet there are signs saying no Trespassing. Those flat trails which look like they are being used would be a great rolling workout. Is this basically the Reach 11 area just entering in further west. Any trail head information would be great and the do's and don't of the area!
Reach 11 starts at Deer Valley, just east of cave creek rd. It crosses to the south of 101 before the 51 interchange, and goes all the way to Scottsdale Rd, although you have to crosss Tatum without a traffic light (not an easy task during rush hour). The areas to the north of the 101 look like state trust land, but I haven't checked them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.