Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

coming to PHX to DH,FR, XC 3/20

658 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  pmrider 
#1 ·
Hey guys-- been searching through the treads and looking at all the trail options-- looks like southmountain (where is NRA? and is the locals open or will you share the goods ;) T100 and other stuff looking real sweet. I will be with my GF (beginner) but she already said she would shuttle me on some stuff- anyway--

looking for more info about the shuttles (the short bus-- I got cash!!) and other freeride spots :) Will be staying in Sun City area

Thanks guys-- :) can't wait to get down there and ride

#2 ·
You definitely wanna hit up South Mountain and NRA. Only problem is that Sun City is on the other end of the Valley so expect to drive. Since you are staying in Sun City I would highly recommend Goat Camp. It's not far from Sun City and most will agree it's some the best we have to offer, Goat Camp though is probably best done with a local, post something up and I'm sure you'll find company.

As for DH, if you show up on a Sunday around 8 AM near the South Mountain Park entrance on Central Avenue, you will find the short bus. About 1/4 mile before the park entrance you will see an old building on the left that says "scorpion gulch" a little farther ahead a parking area on your right, most likely with a bunch of DH'ers bumming around. Bring a few bucks for James the bus driver. Or if you want to do your own shuttle thing on a different day and your GF wants to drive you that works too. South Mountain is your only shuttleable DH option in the Valley.

Another thing though, since your GF is a beginner I wouldn't suggest taking her on Goat Camp and probably not the South Mountain stuff either, except Desert Classic. She would probably like T100 though.

As for NRA, check your PM's in a few.

#3 ·
thanks eabos :) ya I am prepared to drive, driving from CO so a few miles to the trails won't hurt;) -- as far as my GF-- ya- I was looking for nice easy stuff, good to know T100 might be good - - also thinking about some stuff by white tank as If I remember correctly that is near sun-city and had some easy stuff. would also love to hook up and ride that other stuff by there you mentioned

#4 ·
pmrider said:
thanks eabos :) ya I am prepared to drive, driving from CO so a few miles to the trails won't hurt;) -- as far as my GF-- ya- I was looking for nice easy stuff, good to know T100 might be good - - also thinking about some stuff by white tank as If I remember correctly that is near sun-city and had some easy stuff. would also love to hook up and ride that other stuff by there you mentioned
White tanks has some stuff that is good for beginners and also happens to be in the same park as Goat Camp.

#10 ·
Well our plans our locked in-- will be getting down there late Thrusday. I might try to get ot the shuttles on the 20th at Somo but I might end up just riding with my GF, maybe both. Sat. we were looking to go up to Sedona (to get out of the heat ;) and ride maybe w/ spring fling action (trying to gauge if GF should go on C ride or a B ride??). Then Sun and Monday I wanted to get up to Goat Camp and NRA if anyone is down?? Or if their are shuttles going down on Sunday getting in on those :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.