Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

that guy on a 20" folding bike is kicking our A$$!!!

930 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  FoldsInHalf 
#1 ·
Met up with Carey riding a Dahon 20" Folding Bike yesterday while riding to the helipad. Man can he ride that thing...Full story, pics and video at latedropbob.com

#7 ·
Hey, that dude looks awfully familiar... hmmmm.... oh yeah, that's me. ;)

Thanks Bob for the pics and video. It was fun to meet y'all the other day and I definitely enjoyed the helipad side loop which I probably wouldn't have thought to try otherwise. Also, peeled off where you suggested and hit the "secret" trail on the way back--another excellent suggestion--really fun and swoopy on the folder.

Came upon a guy walking his bike back along DC about 2 miles out with a flat rear and tried to help (I had an actual pump) but we couldn't get his tubeless to hold any air so he was destined to finish up with a moonlight stroll. I cranked onwards and made it back to the car just before I had to stop and dig my emergency light out of the pack and limp it in. Perfecto!

Did my first Mormon/National loop yesterday (with a side trip up to the TV tower overlook) and enjoyed the challenge of that, although I did end up walking plenty of the really big gnar, as you would imagine. Heading back over there this afternoon for some more exploration.

Y'all say "hi" if you see a guy on a funny looking ride out there (99.99% chance it'll be me) and for sure don't worry about getting yer butt kicked too hard. I ride everywhere and cover a lot of terrain this little rig, but bona-fide speed is most definitely not one of the benefits of rollin 20s. The "sensation of speed" on the other hand, is quite addictive. :D

More later--cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.