deleted

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  rodriguez1 
#1 · (Edited)
n/a

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
D.B said:
I don't get it. I'm not having much luck selling this shock. The thing is like new, and although I'm not giving it away, I don't think I'm asking too much. Or am I ? ($240.00 which includes shipping). Maybe you guys see or know something I don't. Thanks
It's a fair price but not a smoking deal by any means. It looks like it a 9.5x3 which isn't quite as popular as some of the smaller sizes (less available buyers). People aren't spending money as quite freely right now either.

How long has it been up for sale?

Have you tried Ridemonkey classifieds?

If it isn't selling you need to either be patient or lower your price...

#4 ·
D.B said:
I don't get it. I'm not having much luck selling this shock. The thing is like new, and although I'm not giving it away, I don't think I'm asking too much. Or am I ? ($240.00 which includes shipping). Maybe you guys see or know something I don't. Thanks
You might ask yourself,Why am I selling it?If it is a 9.5x3 most bikes that need that size most likley came with that shock.So unless someone wants a back up shock or unless there not happy with what they have,there is not a huge market for it.

#14 ·
My rule of thumb for selling new or lightly used bike parts is that you are going to get less than wholesale/cost on anything you sell, unless it is a limited supply item which everyone should already know.

Another thing some sellers need to think about is that whatever you are selling is no better than the next guy. Don't ask for too much, it is just going to be overlooked for the same item priced lower. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

#15 ·
boogenman said:
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Exactly. If somebody is not willing to pay for it, then the price is too high and you need to drop it. Part of the deal is making sure its well advertised, but I guess you got that by spamming the forums :rolleyes:

Post a link in your profile or something, take out a classified add, put it up on MTBR, pinkbike, ridemonkey, craigslist, ebay, whatever. Thats enough places for people to see it that it will sell (if the price is low enough). If it doesn't you're clearly selling it for too much. Its pretty simple economics/business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.