Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BCT Sundays ride

687 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jimbowilly 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Me and 2 friends went out and rode BCT today. Started at Table Mesa rd. went north all the way to to the end. We stopped at the road
to Bumblebee and we could see the new trail that was just worked on . We turned around for a total of 33 miles, 5 hr ride time , almost 7 hrs on the bike total. We were hammered. Once again thanks to all the
people that built this trail. Awesome job. Sorry forgot the camera.

Johnny K

#2 ·
Nice! That's a big ride. My guess you guys did over 4000' of climbing. Glad you guys enjoyed the trail. How was the climb up the old Stage Route Section up at the north end before you hit the Bumble Bee road?

JJK said:
Hey all,
Me and 2 friends went out and rode BCT today. Started at Table Mesa rd. went north all the way to to the end. We stopped at the road
to Bumblebee and we could see the new trail that was just worked on . We turned around for a total of 33 miles, 5 hr ride time , almost 7 hrs on the bike total. We were hammered. Once again thanks to all the
people that built this trail. Awesome job. Sorry forgot the camera.

Johnny K

#3 ·
we were there, too

A friend and me, we started from the Black Canyon City trailhead at about 9:30 and went out to the beginning of the Little Pan Loop, had a snack and returned the way we came. He was on a gold single speed and I was on the black blur.

This was the first time I rode that trail, and it is absolutely amazing. None of the climbs were all that hard, yet they were a good workout, and the trail down to the river on the way back was ridiculous.

I'll definitely be back

#4 ·
Table Mesa Trailhead

How was the parking at the Table Mesa Road TH? I kind of wonder about parking there for that long.

The last time we were there the area seemed kind of bizarre like something out of a Mad Max movie. Tons of people... Little kids on quads driving up and down the road. Beat up trucks with people in the back carrying rifles. People camped for what looked like long-term in trailers, target shooting right next to it. It was all very weird. I have nothing against guns at all, but the whole area had kind of a strange vibe going on.

I've never been to the BCT TH there, so maybe it's further in past most of the crowd.

#7 ·
Hi Dale,
It sure felt like 4000 ft of climbing. Was the Stage coach section the 2 track before the new singletrack where the boots are and red /blue
ribbon ? If so not bad climbing and nice trail at the end. Thx again for all your hard work. I want to get out and help but i work Saturdays.
Johnny K

#8 ·
Hey Chuck the Walla,
I think we saw you guys. We started at 9 am from Table Mesa
and got up to BCC about 12 . I was on a orange SC Superlight
my buddies were on Specialized F/S 1 blk 1 red. Great day for a ride on Sweet Singletrack.
Later,
Johnny K

#9 ·
Hey jimbo,
I was worried about my truck also. Talk about a strange area, i've been at this parking area 3 times now and no problems yet, but it is kinda weird. I've parked at New River rd too and it's much nicer.
Later,
Johnny K

#10 ·
I just checked the mileage on my maps. It looks like you guys only made it to Soap Creek Road. There is another 5 miles of trail further north of Soap Creek road and the old Stage coach road section is further north. If you would have made it all the way to the end of what is currently built, you would have riden close to 45 miles and climbed close to 6000'. Doing a point to point ride from the current end of the BCT, north of Maggie Mine Road, down to Table Mesa Road is a little over 22 miles, and drops 3400' and only 2600' of climbing. A good ride in it own right. :thumbsup:

JJK said:
Hi Dale,
It sure felt like 4000 ft of climbing. Was the Stage coach section the 2 track before the new singletrack where the boots are and red /blue
ribbon ? If so not bad climbing and nice trail at the end. Thx again for all your hard work. I want to get out and help but i work Saturdays.
Johnny K

#11 ·
Hey Dale,
I just checked your other post and looked at the maps. I think your right. It looks like soap creek rd. were we stopped. Next time we will
start at BCC trailhead and go north to the end. What kinda of mileage and climbing do you think this will be ?
THX, Johnny K

#12 ·
Round trip is about 22 miles and approx 3000' of climbing. Enjoy!

JJK said:
Hey Dale,
I just checked your other post and looked at the maps. I think your right. It looks like soap creek rd. were we stopped. Next time we will
start at BCC trailhead and go north to the end. What kinda of mileage and climbing do you think this will be ?
THX, Johnny K

#14 ·
big_perm said:
I felt the same way initially, but have been out there and parked 10+ times in the last year with nothing to report but a nice layer of dust. Ride times ranging from 1.5 to 4 hrs.
JJK said:
Hey Jimbo,
I was worried about my truck also. Talk about a strange area, i've been at this parking area 3 times now and no problems yet, but it is kinda weird. I've parked at New River rd too and it's much nicer.
Later,
Johnny K
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.