Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Phoenix Area LBS 08' 29er full suspension DEALS?

971 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  berny2435 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a shop with some good prices on L and XL full suspension 29ers?

My budget is $2,000 and looking to capitalize on a 08' clearout.

I'm in Scottsdale.

Thanks

#3 ·
done and done! Went to Slippery Pig today and I just a got a white/polished 2008 20" Kona Hei Hei demo bike for a hella deal. Had 5 rides on it they said. Not completely stock as it came with X9 drive train and 100mm Manitou Minute fork. $1599 I guess they like their demo bikes to have some differing hardware. They built it up different so that their other smaller demo could have XT hardware and the factory (cheaper) 80mm fork.

http://www.konaworld.com/08_heihei29_w.htm

#6 ·
I got a Large frame. 20" I would have loved to pick up a Specialized. I really like the way they ride. The Kona Hei Hei rides really nice as well though. The price was right too. Now I can afford the new laptop I want.

Oh yeah, they offered to put on the stock Fork and I kept the Minute. They also had different wheels than stock on the demo bike. They gave me the non used stockers. Also they replaced the brake discs and seat as well. Basically a new bike with full warranty. Only 5 year frame warranty but that's through Kona though.

#8 ·
1st ride went great today out at south mountain. I'm not sure if it was me but the chain fell off the granny gear 3 times. Bike shifted great, rode great, I tuned the shocks in well I think, impressed my buddy on a hardtail 26", using the SPD peddles for the first time with new shoes was an experience but I think I did pretty darn good for a first timer on them. No biffs but I think the 29 wheels saved me once durring a tech downhill section.

Couple minor adjustments and I think I'm going to be 110% happy with this bike! I think I need to get a little more spread out on the bike. New 1" offset seat post ought to do.

My buddy wants a 29er full suspension now just after a very small ride on it.

Let me know if you guys know where the deals are still. We'll check back at the pig this week.

#9 ·
just to touch back at this thread. A few more rides deep into this bike and I'm still lovin it. I adjusted the front derailleur myself which took about 1 hr to get it perfectly tuned in to my liking. Went on one 14 mile ride around the McDowel mtn area with great success and then I did the east loop and there a-bouts at South Mountain. Not really liking the traction of Maxxis Ignitors so I might be going to 2.35 WTB Exiwolfs soon.

Installed a 1" set back seat for more spread and ordered some Mallet 2 crankbrothers peddles so I can multipurpose/DH this bike with more confidence than on the shimano peddles. Slippery Pig is installing the peddles and hopefully working out the lack of rear break strength the bike has. Most likely a contaminated set of brake pads.

Looks like they still have some good deals around the shop. They pretty busy every-time I pop in too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.