Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BCT Lower half ride - Beta anyone?

570 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtybiker 
#1 ·
We're thinking about checking out the lower half of the BCT. Starting out at Table Mesa trailhead and riding south down to Carefree Highway trailhead, a point to point shuttle. Has anyone ever done this and does anyone know exactly where the Carefree Highway trailhead is?

Thanks

#4 ·
I've never been south of EH either, but I road ride out on New River road to Carefree Hwy alot, and its really all flat out there. So I've never been interested to check out the trail.

If you're gonna shuttle anyway, shuttle the other way! Start at EH and make your way up to BCC trail head, Or start up in BCC and ride down to EH! Either way it would be a really nice ride!

Tiff

#5 ·
the way south from table mesa is actaully pretty cool, nothing technical but cool none the less
the trail pops out on carefree hwy along the western edge of the Ben Averey shooting range. there are some strip mall/office buildings there where you can stash a shuttle car.
the section from EH south saw some cool improvements last year where a trail crew cut a few new sections of sngletrack that made it a little more twisty and turny. There is one big wash to cross that usually has some water in it, can you post how high it is when you get back? I have a feeling with all the snow melt up north and how fat the agua fria was wed night that it might be pretty wet down there
have a great time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.