Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Visiting AZ.

456 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Boyonabyke 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of nailing down the dates for a trip to sample AZ riding and take photo's so I can remember going there later on in life when Senior Moments become the norm, not the exception.

With this in mind, any input on how the desert bloom of wildflowers is coming along this year? Suggestions on best times to go? I'm thinking of doing some of White Tanks /Goat, then Bell Pass or Sunrise for a 18 to 23 mile loop, BCT, then north to Sedona for a couple of days of goodness before heading home. Any suggestions on timing the trip around photo opportunities?

#2 ·
I live in Prescott and was just down south for Pueblo last week. Drove through Penix and north of Tucson on the way and was stoked to see that the poppies are already in bloom. I work in adventure education and all of our instructors who have been down south the past few weeks are saying that the wildflower bloom will be incredible this year, and possibly a bit earlier than normal, FWIW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.