Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

First time Double By-Pass, looking to do Quad

594 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tjkm 
#1 ·
I am a east valley rider, mostly the Hawes trails and South Mountain. Looking to branch out, I went to the Sonoran Preserve for the first time. I did the Double By-Pass trail. It was tough, but was ridable. Don't think i will do it again solo. I am thinking i want to do the Quad in the next few weeks. Just wondering from the local riders up there, how much harder is it to do the whole loop? and how much time should i expect?

#2 ·
iknowclint said:
I am a east valley rider, mostly the Hawes trails and South Mountain. Looking to branch out, I went to the Sonoran Preserve for the first time. I did the Double By-Pass trail. It was tough, but was ridable. Don't think i will do it again solo. I am thinking i want to do the Quad in the next few weeks. Just wondering from the local riders up there, how much harder is it to do the whole loop? and how much time should i expect?
Not sure what trails you rode -- I assume you did Wingate and Bell?

Anyway, if that's the case you did about 1/4 the mileage of the Quad Bypass loop....and probably 1/3 the effort.

Thx...Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.