Brent Thomson Gone

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Enel 
#1 · (Edited)
"Howl dogs, a wolf died tonight"

Rudyard Kipling

#6 ·
doodooboi said:
R.I.P

Thanks for all the great work and being a ambassador to the sport!!!

Never knew him but I will never forget him!
In one of the Thor Wixom vids I have, Statement, there is an interview with him. He sounds so passionate about building the trails in Bootleg and showing the chairlift he was pushing the city to fund.

He will definitely be missed - mountain biking needs more people like him!!

#13 ·
I had the opportunity to meet Brent about three years ago when I lived in Las Vegas. I had read about Brent in several mountain bike magazines and he definitely was a local celebrity in my mind. When I wanted to take several people I worked with on a night hike, I thought BC would be a good place. I called Boulder City parks and rec and they put me in touch with Brent to get information.

What I found, instead of being some sort of celebrity, was that Brent was just a passionate public servant who wanted as many people as possible who visited or lived in the Las Vegas Valley to use his trails, to experience something other than the lights of Vegas, and to connect with the fun of being outside, of playing.

Brent was a true artist who will be missed by all of those that rode his masterpiece, that knew him and that saw him working the tough terrain of Bootleg Canyon. Though he may be gone, his work will be remembered by all of us that have had the please of riding his creation.

#16 ·
sixsixtysix said:
Bootleg was his heaven on Earth, now he's riding the great trail in the sky.

I am going to have to dissagree with you there, he isn't riding anything in the sky, he is still riding Bootleg:thumbsup: When you are bombing down Bootleg on your run and you feel as though something or someone is chasing you and sitting right there on your wheel pushing you to go faster and faster and clean that drop and that rock garden right after that you have been having trouble with, that is HIM:cool:

G
#17 ·
AzSpeedfreek said:
sixsixtysix said:
Bootleg was his heaven on Earth, now he's riding the great trail in the sky.

I am going to have to dissagree with you there, he isn't riding anything in the sky, he is still riding Bootleg:thumbsup: When you are bombing down Bootleg on your run and you feel as though something or someone is chasing you and sitting right there on your wheel pushing you to go faster and faster and clean that drop and that rock garden right after that you have been having trouble with, that is HIM:cool:
Its funny you say that, you should read Krispy's little homage to Brent in the DH forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=5400197&postcount=6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.