Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

demo 7

648 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  saturnine 
#1 ·
thinking about gettin the demo 7I 2009 and wonderin what the totems are like on it and thinkin about makin it a race bike cuz the demo 8 colors are ugly, what do u reccomend for it keepin the totem or buyin a tirple crown fork

#5 ·
lol i were about to say "feeling the sam hill vibes?"

but seriously not going for the demo 8 due to cosmetics? have you seen how ugly some dh bikes are? its one of those things to live with, once you buy one it grows on you very quickly. and when your riding you will only notice the performance difference rather then the cosmetic.

#7 ·
don't quite understand what you mean by "racing". As in against the clock or as in pinkbike photoalbum? Anyway, if you ride tight technical switchback type of trails take the totem. If you're more into sheer speed on rough flowy trails get a triple. Switched to a totem after a year with boxxers on my demo7 cause I ride more of the tight stuff. Only real advantage of the 7 is the 1.5, leaves you the choice.

#10 ·
snow-man said:
I use to be into explaining the Demo's on these forums but lately...I'm over it

Use the search feature...you should find plenty of threads JUST like this one
What he said.

Get a Demo 8. Strip it, strip the paint and have it powdercoated any color of your choosing. Then you can rebuild it and have it the way you want it.

or you could just realize that it's a dh bike and it's going to be trashed within two seasons anyway and that you shouldn't care too much about the color.

#13 ·
same bike but some people prefer 200mm of travel up front, others want a singlecrown for tight turns. Thats the choice. Yes, you get 1.125 totems or 66 for the demo8 but whats the point, a 1.5 is the intelligent solution. And no, I'm not going into a 1.5 discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.