Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

backup shock

691 views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  CdaleProph6 
#1 ·
so i may need to send my fox in for repair soon

cheap backup shock?

swinger 4way coil...i can get one off ebay for like 80 bucks and it would work as a backup for a week or two during the turnaround time......

any other suggestions/spam?

8.5x2.5 for a santa cruz bullit

#2 ·
CdaleProph6 said:
so i may need to send my fox in for repair soon

cheap backup shock?

swinger 4way coil...i can get one off ebay for like 80 bucks and it would work as a backup for a week or two during the turnaround time......

any other suggestions/spam?

8.5x2.5 for a santa cruz bullit
You may be able to pick up a 5th element cheaper and they're pretty close to being the same shock as the swinger. Van R is a solid, no frills replacement too.

#3 ·
send the fox (dhxc?) to push and have it done right. fox cant/wont get rid of the spike. then buy a used vanilla rc for about the same as a poopy swinger, then have it pushed after ya decide ya like it more.

fox turnaround in 2 weeks? ya must live next door.

#4 ·
i was told fox matches your shipping. and there is not a spike...its a clicking during the first part of the stroke....its practically a brand new shock and im thinking that it could be a warranty thing as ive only had it for a few months and havent done that much riding on it...considering the weather..other than a few trips to the Fredrick Watershed and 2 or 3 weekends at The Land

#5 ·
they do but bench time can be a week or more at best and overnight shipping is rediculous. $50 - $100 on average from the states. sounds like warranty work to me but thats not gonna make it the shock ya really want. the dhxc, if thats what ya have, is famous for its spike. ever feel like it stops ya dead when ya hit a square edged bump at slow to med speed tech? if not, yer the only 1. i noticed it inside of 5 min. not fun. took it off and ran a ava instead cuz i couldnt afford a push job at the time. well that frame and shock is long gone so now that i have another for the dhr, its off to push next week.

#8 ·
cactuscorn said:
send the fox (dhxc?) to push and have it done right. fox cant/wont get rid of the spike. then buy a used vanilla rc for about the same as a poopy swinger, then have it pushed after ya decide ya like it more.

fox turnaround in 2 weeks? ya must live next door.
send it to push.......I wish I did that with mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.