Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Giant Reign X vs. Banshee Wildcard

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  LoozinSkin 
#1 ·
Hi,

For the last two years I have been riding Transition DirtBag and it is time to change.

At the moment I have narrowed my options to these two frames and I really can not make up my mind on which to get, since both choices have their + & -.

I am 5.8 (175cm) and 132 pound (60 kg). I mainly do aggresive trail riding and some light fr (max height 6.5ft) (rarly shuttle, mainly climb to the top).

Hope to read your thoughts.

#6 ·
I was tossing up a wildcard or rune, reign x not available for a few months here, and settled on the wildcard. I still had doubts about my choice till I was sitting in the saddle yesterday and riding the Wildcard for what its designed for, it simply rawks. Tons of fun and easy to handle. I am trying to progress this year in Jumping, freeride and mini DH and the Wildcard is wicked even helping me out most of the time. When I am doing a trail ride or running down the mountain through some ruff, I wish I got the Rune as I imagine the suspension wood better better. I am waiting on a 2.5" rear tyre which will help a lot and then tubeless. When I hit the jumps again or hit the fast tight flowy stuff then I remember why I went Wildcard. I find the Wildcard pedals fine and is good on longer rides, better than I expected for its compact nature and considering the majority of riding I have available, 80% of it, I made the right choice. I even considerd the Scythe and again for me right now the Wildcard is super fun, super tite and super fast. The reign X will have longer chainstays and a different suspension platform so should really be compared to the Rune for sure.

#7 ·
The susension on the Ruin is much better than that of the Wildcard although, both are nice bikes. If you find yourself dong more climbing and then bombing down the mountian (like myself at times more often than not) then the Ruin is a better contender of the 2 Banshee's and is still plenty bomb proof enough for your trail and intention. But its not a DH bike by any stretch of the imagination from what I understand of it.

Ill go the GRX against those 2 any day though, its definitely more flexible in todays mult-discipline sport of MTB.

#8 ·
I dont know anything about the Rune or Wildcard but can definitly say the reign X is amazing. Alot of hype being built around them but I am very impressed with my first couple rides out on my X0 now that I have the propedal and spring rate dialed in.

The best way I can describe it is to say its like a mini Sunday with more pop and a much nimbler feel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.