Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Twenty6 Titanium Chainguide Boomerang

819 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bullcrew 
#1 ·
Tyler just sent me over a cool photo of a Titanium Chainguide boomerang he made... 60 Grams is pretty nutso! Modeled after an MRP...

See less See more
#4 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
So it just runs MRP rollers? It'd be nice if you could mount LG-1 / SRS plastics.

That's damn light regardless though.
Give it time, Knowing Tyler its just a matter of time. Good to see he's back on the guide plates after 2+ years of them sitting to the side. Hes got skills and the sky's the limit with his potential and future! Good stuff to come!

#7 ·
Ive run Tylers levers, pedals and new boxxer stem and beat the cr@p out of his pedals . Hit rocks hard enough to cause pins to angle in different directions and still no issues. Sent them back for a look after a year of abuse and the bearings were still spot on and the internals straight. Tyler regreased them and sent them back. My new pedals, levers for my Formulas "THE ONE" brakes should be here soon and of course Ill do a write up after abusing them again.
My stem when it got here!

#8 ·
bullcrew said:
Ive run Tylers levers, pedals and new boxxer stem and beat the cr@p out of his pedals . Hit rocks hard enough to cause pins to angle in different directions and still no issues. Sent them back for a look after a year of abuse and the bearings were still spot on and the internals straight. Tyler regreased them and sent them back. My new pedals, levers for my Formulas "THE ONE" brakes should be here soon and of course Ill do a write up after abusing them again.
My stem when it got here!
So if the pins were bent, how could you screw the pins back out? cut them flush, back them out, and install new ones? Just curious before I pull the trigger.....

#9 ·
006_007 said:
So if the pins were bent, how could you screw the pins back out? cut them flush, back them out, and install new ones? Just curious before I pull the trigger.....
I weigh 235 lbs before gear and I smacked a pedal FULL weight into a rock (pedal slightly foreward so it hit and carried my weight up and off) and threw me and the bike up and off to the right. IT bent the the area of impact and the pins still intact. I dont run stock pins I swap them out for hollow allen pins sticking up 1/4" made of SS. They dont bend and the pedals were able to take punishment from a pin that it wasnt designed for! That says alot too me and is the reason Im getting another set.
Heres a pic you can see 1 pin there and that wasnt the hit point. I BEAT THE CRAP OUTA THESE! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.