Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Local Companies / Bike Builders

1K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  mattKHS 
#1 ·
Just out of curiosity, are there any other local bike companies or builders besides Titus?

#16 ·
true, toyotas are just as US as ford or GM, Based on how much they are built / assembled in the US. But fetish is merely a distributer of bikes. Might as well call motobecane a AZ company, since one of the owners lives here.

So i say, no, fetish is not an AZ builder. Not like Mint or Siren.

Even titus is barely AZ based, as most of their bikes are now made over seas. They Used to be AZ when chris owned it.

G
#17 ·
mattKHS said:
true, toyotas are just as US as ford or GM, Based on how much they are built / assembled in the US. But fetish is merely a distributer of bikes. Might as well call motobecane a AZ company, since one of the owners lives here.

So i say, no, fetish is not an AZ builder. Not like Mint or Siren.

Even titus is barely AZ based, as most of their bikes are now made over seas. They Used to be AZ when chris owned it.
Unless its a very small boutique company that hand makes each frame, 99% of them are made by someone else.

Pivot are made in Taiwan, Soul Cyles is made in Taiwan, Titus is made in both Taiwan and by Sapa in Oregon.

Unless companies say they are explicitly made "in house", then they are more than likely made by one of the big production facilities either overseas or one of the 2 or 3 in the US.

#18 ·
Ry-daddy said:
Just out of curiosity, are there any other local bike companies or builders besides Titus?
OP asked local bike companies or builders, no debate needed.

Fetish seems to be looked down on but my clydesdale size son bought one of their hardtail frames and beat the snot out of it and it's holding up fine. I've had it on some of the funner stuff at Sedona and it rides/handles well too.

#26 ·
kenbentit said:
Anyone know if Kind Cycles is still around?
Kind Cycles is dead. i know this for a fact - i bought all thier tubing around 4-5yrs ago. i'm in Flagstaff. i do everything myself. Brendan did indeed relocate to Tucson. great guy, cool-ass bikes. Dave Bohm of Bohemian is in Tucson. so is Andy Gilmour. Titus still makes only thier Ti bikes in AZ as far as i know. that's about it as far as "made in AZ" list, as i'm only counting builders who {as far as in know} pay product liability insurance. if you do not pay product liability insurance you are not a true bike company, IMO. Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.