Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

toughest pedals

10K views 59 replies 39 participants last post by  Chumba15 
#1 ·
looking for the best bombproof set of pedals. had a pair of crank bros 5050x and ive found out to trust the reviews on that 1, theyre crappy. just got a set of cheap oddessy pedals now but theyve got the plastic pins, and I want sharp metal...
i had wellgos on my old bike, and am considering buying a set them again, anything else that will stay true with metal grip

#2 ·
It all just depends on how much you want to spend really. There's some out there that are really grippy and cheap but they usually last a short time. I've been running the Deity pedals for a wee bit and like them a lot. I've also used Easton dh flats, Dark Cycles Arachnid's, Azonic's, 1664 beaver traps. They've all been pretty good for me.

#4 ·
I use a pair of Easterns on my Demo. Ive had them since last summer and they have proven to be a superior set of pedals. They are decently light and extremely strong. You mentioned a problem with the spikes on another pair...These pins are LONG compared to other pedals, but not to the point that they cause problems. I also picked them up for $35. they come in a variety of colors to match any theme you've got going. they come in a magnesium version too, being 5 oz. lighter. As far as i've experienced, they are bomb proof.

Here's a link... http://www.easternbikes.com/part/41/

#14 ·
The sunline v1's are very tough. my friend runs them on his sunday, and I've seen lots of sparks fly off of them in the rocks and very minimal damage was done to the pedals.

I run the atomlab trailpimps, or whatever they are called. because they are so thin, like the decoy, wah wah's, they don't make contact with the ground very often. I ride a Chumba F5 with lots of sag so if they were gonna break they would have by now.

#18 ·
EDizzleVR6 said:
the only dif between the atomlab trailking/trailpimp and the general issue is the width? how thick they are? and im sure weight, but the general issue seems good enough,
General issue pedals are more of a cast body where the Trailpimps are CNC. General issue pedals are available with bearings and bushings though...

#21 ·
#25 ·
Another vote for the Syncros Mental SS. Can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty...

The local terrain chews up alu pedals and kills mags ridiculously fast, but is scarred up by the stainless.

As posted above, took an axle out on a very fast/hard exposed granite outcropping hit, but Syncros sent me new one halfway around the world for free.

Some pedals are grippy, few pedals are reliably strong.
The Mentals are both.

#26 ·
Yah, i have the raw, powdered finish Mentals, and they have not given me any poroblems so far. I used them all last season on the Diablo trails, and had a few bad spills, as well as smashing them dead onto some rocks on BMW. Spindle is strait and stiff, no flex at all, grease is not a problem, they are oh so smooth, and the grip makes you want to hit that new drop without even giving it a once over :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.